1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 16, 2015 9:43 PM by A.T. Romano

No Video Playback Adobe Premiere Elements 10

freddiex28443682

Need help. 

I've installed and reinstalled Adobe Premiere Elements 10 for windows on a Microsoft Windows 8.1 operating system Version 6.3.9600 Dell XPS 8700 X64-based PC with NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 display component and a Creative Technology Sound Blaster Z sound component.  Something happened and the video will not play. The audio is fine but video looks like still images. I don’t know what the issue is but have reinstalled the applications several times without success.  Do I need to upgrade to a newer version of the software to get it to work with this Microsoft Windows 8.1 configuration?  Thanks!

• 1. Re: No Video Playback Adobe Premiere Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

freddiex

If you have Premiere Elements 10 on a Windows 8.1 computer using a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card, the odds are against because of the known issue specific to Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce which requires roll back of the driver version to about May 2013.

Some with Windows 7 64 bit can find older NVIDIA GeForce driver versions that go back that far. Not so when Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit is involved.

This matter has been written about in depth. Please review the following. The Announcement about this matter seems to have disappeared from the top of

this forum.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

Please review and consider and then we can discuss this further. Versions of Premiere Elements later than 10 have been found to fall into this situation.

Thank you.

ATR