5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2008 12:26 AM by Peter Grainge

Does RH 6 fix the problem of fonts in Word?

kennelly_1
      Hi,
      I would like to know if the new version of Robohelp fixes the problem in Robohelp X5 where the Microsoft security patches cause a Word file with Arial font to compile to Times New Roman font in the help file?

I have tried all of the fixes I have seen on this forum but none work for me. IT won't let me remove the security patches and the only fix I can find is to reinstall MS Office and I would prefer to not do that all the time.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Does RH 6 fix the problem of fonts in Word?
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
          Welcome to the forum.

Put it this way, Adobe were not going to remove the fix so it should be unchanged. The problem is, the fix didn't seem to work for you.

I suggest you download the trial version of RH6 and try that. You can install RH6 on a machine with X5 on it but I would suggest you run the trial on another PC. Too much risk of opening a project in the wrong version and finding it tricky to go back.

• 2. Re: Does RH 6 fix the problem of fonts in Word?
            imcarol
            Unfortunately, I met the same problem. The patch doesn't work and security patches are not allowed to removed.
            The only difference is that Verdana will change to Times new Roman, but Arial is good.

Another hint is that some of the rtfs are OK, show Verdana just as I want.

Any ideas or suggestion?
            BTW, I found many work-arounds here and there, but all failed...
            • 3. Re: Does RH 6 fix the problem of fonts in Word?
              Give us a chance to answer your first post!

Now you have added the patch doesn't work for you, that wasn't in the other post. I haven't seen anyone report this for a long time so it would seem that later versions are OK, can't guarantee they will work for you.

I don't know why the patch isn't working for you when it seems to have worked for most other people. If uninstalling the MS update is not an option, it would seem that forces you to try the upgraded version on a non production machine. Might be worth trying with a copy of your project deleting the RTF file so that RH recreates it from the DOC file.

• 4. Re: Does RH 6 fix the problem of fonts in Word?
                imcarol Level 1
                Great News is that I found a really weird work around.
                I change all the Verdana to MS Mincho, save to rtf, change to Verdana again. The *.hlp is perfect!!! (PS, in all the fonts I tried, MS Mincho is the only one works.)

@ Peter, you are so kind! Thanks for your help and your great website.
                • 5. Re: Does RH 6 fix the problem of fonts in Word?
                  So where were you when we needed that solution? :-)

Thanks for posting that. It never ceases to amaze me how sometimes an apparently wacky solution works.