1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2007 3:00 PM by Freeky_Bonjela

Combobox forms

Freeky_Bonjela
      I have a form in my site that has a series of input text boxes. By using ASP i have managed to send all the data from that form to the required email address. But I now need to add a combobox and this is proving more difficult to obtain the data from.
      This is the coding I have used in the asp file:

<%
      Dim ObjSendMail
      DIm iConf

Set ObjSendMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
      Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

Set ObjSendMail.Configuration = iConf
      ObjSendMail.To = "ian.freeman@sky.com"
      ObjSendMail.Subject = "Details Registered"
      ObjSendMail.From = request.form("email")

' we are sending a text email.. simply switch the comments around to send an html email instead'
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = "<b>Name: </b>"& request.form("name") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = ObjSendMail.HTMLBody & "<b>Company: </b>"& request.form("company") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = ObjSendMail.HTMLBody & "<b>Industry: </b>"& request.form("industry") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = ObjSendMail.HTMLBody & "<b>Email: </b>"& request.form("email") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = ObjSendMail.HTMLBody & "<b>Phone: </b>"& request.form("phone") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = ObjSendMail.HTMLBody & "<b>Website: </b>"& request.form("website") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = ObjSendMail.HTMLBody & "<b>Course: </b>"& request.form("course") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = ObjSendMail.HTMLBody & "<b>Month preferred: </b>"& request.form("month") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = ObjSendMail.HTMLBody & "<b>No. of Attendees: </b>"& request.form("attendees") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.HTMLBody = ObjSendMail.HTMLBody & "<b>Query: </b>"& "<br>" & request.form("query")
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = "<b>Name: </b>"& request.form("name") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = ObjSendMail.TextBody & "<b>Company: </b>"& request.form("company") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = ObjSendMail.TextBody & "<b>Industry: </b>"& request.form("industry") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = ObjSendMail.TextBody & "<b>Email: </b>"& request.form("email") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = ObjSendMail.TextBody & "<b>Phone: </b>"& request.form("phone") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = ObjSendMail.TextBody & "<b>Website: </b>"& request.form("website") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = ObjSendMail.TextBody & "<b>Course: </b>"& request.form("course") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = ObjSendMail.TextBody & "<b>Month preferred: </b>"& request.form("month") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = ObjSendMail.TextBody & "<b>No. of Attendees: </b>"& request.form("attendees") & "<br>"
      ObjSendMail.TextBody = ObjSendMail.TextBody & "<b>Query: </b>"& "<br>" & request.form("query")

ObjSendMail.Send

Set ObjSendMail = Nothing
      %>

I tried adding actionscript to the first frame of the form that made the value of the combobox equal to the value of a dynamic text box. Then I could call the value of the dynamic text boxes variable, which I called "course" but this doesn't seem to be working.
      What coding do I need to put in the form, for the submit button and to add/amend the above scripting in my asp file?