7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2015 10:45 AM by oldhag

Is Adobe force you to buy a update by stopping your old one? It doesn't work anymore.

hansv32847754

I do have version 12... whole time no troubles and from one day on the other it does not work anymore. Do I MUST buy and new one to workout further???

• 1. Re: Is Adobe force you to buy a update by stopping your old one? It doesn't work anymore.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe does not do anything to your older Premiere Elements when a new version is released... post DETAILS and someone may be able to help

NOTE - McAfee kills the program http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1460089?tstart=0
          From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
          •You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements
          •(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)
          •What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.1 update)
          •What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.9.4"---not just "Mac"
          •Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?
          •Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
          •What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.
          •If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
          •What were you doing when the problem occurred?
          •What other software are you running?
          •Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?
          •How many and what speed are your hard drive(s)... ie 5400rpm or 7200rpm or?
          And some other questions...
          •What are you editing, and does your video have an orange line over it BEFORE you do any work?
          •Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

•What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)
          •What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?
          •Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?
          •For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information
          •-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself
          •nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
          •ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

• 2. Re: Is Adobe force you to buy a update by stopping your old one? It doesn't work anymore.
            oldhag Level 1

Yesterday and the days before I've being use it normal and today I want go further with my video's and the soon I get a video in it, there is appear that turning signal that there is someting going wrong and ask for patience. How much patience I have to have fot the program, until noon I decide to get it off my computer and try to re-install the program, the soon I open with a video in it, it turns over again the spinning wheel to get patience. I do have enough RAM enough space to work-out nothing change what so ever.. so how come it that it won't do his job anymore?

To much video this week, is it overwork itself?

Oh euh, I use Premiere Elements 12

I use Kasperski, yep gotta acount. Administrator.. yep it's my own computer.. worked before... yes the long as I get it from 2014 feb 7. Windows 8. No changes it all. Other software? You mean from Adobe, that is Dreamweaver 5.5.
            Imagefiles ar jpg,png, and mp4 and some avi-files.  Intel i7.

But everything works fine the whole year and 2014.. until today and nothing is be changes.

• 3. Re: Is Adobe force you to buy a update by stopping your old one? It doesn't work anymore.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

oldhag

Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different symptoms so it becomes important to know or confirm the details specific to your situation.

We know you have a program that worked before but not now. I would suggest that you put yourself at a disadvantage posting in the thread of another where the troubleshooting paths and discussions can go in different directions making it difficult to follow your specific Q&A.

Starting questions for me would be

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Apparently that appears to be 12.

2. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

You mention the antivirus, but did not say you tried the disabling? Any auto updating of the antivirus in last 24 hours?

3. Can you open a new project and work within it?

4. What are the properties of this video import?

We will be watching for your follow up in your own new thread or wherever you decide to post.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On to correct for information that was already contained in your prior post.

• 4. Re: Is Adobe force you to buy a update by stopping your old one? It doesn't work anymore.
                oldhag Level 1

Hi AT

Yep, I stopped the antivirus.. oh and when I opened the program it was usally asking for a cd or dvd but I click that away after about ten clicks. Start the program enter a view MP4's put it on the timeline want to cut away the backgroundsound and without any warning before a turning wheel appears and it keep that way on.. properties are all default.

Was something forgot to tell, the day before yesterday I could use video straight from my cloud and the next day I have to copy it to my hdd.

Hans

• 5. Re: Is Adobe force you to buy a update by stopping your old one? It doesn't work anymore.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

hans

Add On....depending on how the other troubleshooting discussions progress....

In 2014 had several serious problems with Photoshop Elements 12 suddenly stopped working and with Premiere Elements 12 Sign In failures after

a reinstall and in general. The related solutions that I have found which have keep these programs running to date can be found described

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

Also for consideration....

Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete and, if necessary, delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

Also, based on my experiences with 12, I would prefer to keep uninstall/reinstall as a last resort since reinstall can generate

additional issues. And, when used, go the route of uninstall, free ccleaner run through, and then reinstall with antivirus and

firewall(s) disabled.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Assure that you do not have a hard drive pile up of preview files, conformed audio files, and conformed video files.

Miscellaneous...in extreme cases...

a. uninstall the antivirus instead of just disabling real time protection

b. create a new user account with administrative privileges and install and try to run Premiere Elements 12 from there.

ATR

• 6. Re: Is Adobe force you to buy a update by stopping your old one? It doesn't work anymore.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

oldhag or Hans

Hans are you and oldhag the same user? Your post 4 is tagged with the "oldhag" ID, but is signed Hans.

I did not see post 4 until after I posted (5).

If you have not already, please determine if you can start a new project with your video without issues.

Please review post 5 details and determine if any of that works for you starting with

1. Deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (and, if necessary, the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists)

and depending on that result

2. Uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

I am wondering if this all stems from the No Disk error and how you resolved it. No Disk error seems to have different

solutions for different versions.

In 11, it was related to SmartSound

In 12, ? since there was no SmartSound

In 13, deleting or disabling the OldFilm.AEX file

ATR

• 7. Re: Is Adobe force you to buy a update by stopping your old one? It doesn't work anymore.
                      oldhag Level 1

Yep that is correct...I have more adresses on Adobe, I logged in by the email where I bought it with.. I've reinstalled the program, delete the map as you say but it still won't work. I do have another program. the newest from Pinnacle.. or from who Pinnacle now is and I try to work with that or an old one from Pinnacle and drop this ting off my computer.

Thanks any way!!

kind regards from oldhag or hans

By opening Pinnacle I find the clue.. there was an error in one of the video I have used, Adobe does not show that but Pinnacle do... so I think the rest will work normal. Soon as I am ready I put Adobe back. Sorry for your time, anyway loads of thanks, have a nice day or evening and work fine!!

Bye bye

Hans