8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2015 1:32 PM by jfmakeup

Rendering Video to Youtube

jfmakeup

Hi!  I am rendering a video to upload it directly to youtube and everytime I do it it says "online services were unable to perform this action.  The service will now be teriminated"  This started happening 1 week ago.  What is the problem?

• 1. Re: Rendering Video to Youtube
          whsprague Level 4

Things change at YouTube.  Rather than use the automated output for YouTube, use the AVCHD setting to make a file on your computer to high standards.  Then, log on to YouTube and use their uploading routine for the file you've made and verified.

• 2. Re: Rendering Video to Youtube
            jfmakeup Level 1

Yes thank you I have been doing that.  But it doesnt upload at 1080 p

Other than downloading it to my computer is there anothe rway?

• 3. Re: Rendering Video to Youtube
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jfmakeup

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please explain what you mean by it doesn't upload at 1080p if you decided to update the 1080p file at the

YouTube web site.

Advanced encoding settings - YouTube Help

For your export to file which is saved to the computer hard drive for subsequent upload to YouTube at the YouTube web

site, have you used the following for the export to file...

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30?

What is the frame rate of your 1080p? Is it 30 or 60? If 60, then you custom the above export preset under its

Advanced Button/Video Tab export settings.

As for the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature...more on that next.

ATR

• 4. Re: Rendering Video to Youtube
                jfmakeup Level 1

Hi  Thank you so much

When I go to upload it to youtube it only does it to 720p.  I have premiere elements 13

I did not do the presets with MP4 as you wrote because I didnt think it would allow me to convert it over to youtube that way

• 5. Re: Rendering Video to Youtube
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jfmakeup

Thanks for the reply.

If you have not already, please do a test run. If your Timeline content is 1080p30, then use Publish + Share/Computer/AVCHD with presets

MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30. When you take that file to the YouTube web site, the upload should be successful for that file format with duration less than 15 minutes. It is my understanding that, even at YouTube, if your file goes over 15 minutes, then you have to get an extended time account from YouTube to upload it there. That YouTube extended time account works only at YouTube web site and not within the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature.

We will be watching for your progress. Please let me know if you are OK with the above or need supplemental information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Rendering Video to Youtube
                    Styve100

Hi, I sometimes got the message about online services, cant remember after what I did to get it to work, but I guess a restart at least and on a mac too!

I also upgraded my youtube account to more than 10 mins and it now uploads directly ok.

• 7. Re: Rendering Video to Youtube
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Styve100

Great news. And, great job sorting through the troubleshooting to gain success.

Thanks for reporting the outcome. Appreciated.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 8. Re: Rendering Video to Youtube
                        jfmakeup Level 1

thank you so much!  I am going to post here as soon as I do it!!