0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2007 1:00 PM by lflash17

Using Verity to search meta tags

lflash17
      I'd like to be able to search a variety of meta tags in a collection of HTML documents. I've read the Adobe TechNote article located at http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_18144, but can't seem to get my searches working. Following the *exact* syntax spelled out in the TechNote, I can search the keyword meta tag. Does the bundled Verity version allow for searching other named meta tags as well? For example, if I have a meta tag that looks like this:

<meta name="myName" content="myContent">

How can I search the "myName" tag for specific content (i.e., "myContent")? If several documents in my collection contain the string "myContent", I only want this one document returned, where "myContent" appears in the "myName" meta tag. I must do this programmatically, using the cfsearch tag, and the TechNote seems to indicate I should just be able to perform a cfsearch with the criteria="myName <contains> myContent" -- that doesn't work. What am I missing?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've tried everything I can think of, including modifying style files, using command line utilities, etc. to no avail! Thank you in advance for any help.