3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2015 9:49 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 Losing Shake Stabliser rendering on start up

Alanrob

I am using Premiere Elements 13 and find that I lose Shake Stabiliser rendering on start up. All other rendering is fine (effects transitions etc.) I am using a PC with Win7 64bit  i7 processor with 16gb Ram 509ssd disc and a 1Tb hard disc for video.

I have used Shake Stabiliser extensively  in a 1 1/2 hour movie and now find that I am having to remove the shaky clips so that I don't have to rerender all the time on start up. This problem is making the Shake Stabiliser effect unusable.   What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks

AR

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Losing Shake Stabliser rendering on start up
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Alanrob

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Please confirm

You video stabilize your video with the Shake Stabilizer, the video stabilized video presents on the Timeline with an orange line over its content, you Timeline render the video stabilized video. You save close and reopened the project to find the video stabilized video now with the "unrendered look"  (orange line over its content) instead of with the render "rendered look" (green line over content) that you saw immediately before the program save close.

or

other.

There has been an unresolved issue with Premiere Elements going back at least as far as Premiere Elements 7 or 8 which is characterized by "a" above.

It can vary with computer environment and different types of Timeline media. During Timeline rendering the project automatically generates preview files which are stored to the computer hard drive. When the project is reopened to find this "unrendered look", those rendered preview files still exist and are alive and well.

Speculation - a connect between them and the project has been broken.

Typically the problem may exist for imported .psd, but not jpg files. I have not yet seen it with regard to any Shake Stabilized video yet.

Please review, consider, and give more details, including properties of the video you have Shake Stabilized.

Although no solution has been reported, I have long suggested that the user move on

a. rendering again

b. doing selective Timeline rendering

c. ignoring, using the rationale that the file's preview had been looked at previously and should be OK if no further edits of it.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Losing Shake Stabliser rendering on start up
            Alanrob Level 1

Hello ATR

Thank you for your quick response and I am sorry I haven't replied earlier.

Yes your first paragraph is exactly what happens. I Shake Stabilise a clip; Render the clip; the orange line goes to green, the clip is nice and smooth. Then I close the project and open again to find the Shake Stabilised clip is now showing as not rendered  with the Orange line over the clip.

The clip was taken on an Canon HFG10 (PAL version) showing as a MPEG Movie at 1920 x 1080 Frame Rate =25 Pixel aspect =1 all at 16527KBPS.

I can rerender but it takes a lot of time as I have a number of shake stabilised clips in my 1 1/2 hour movie.

Is there anything that I have done wrong so that I can avoid this situation in future.

Thanks again for your help

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Losing Shake Stabliser rendering on start up
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Alanrob

Thanks for the follow up.

You seem to have confirmed an old problem.

I did the following quick test. I found a video sample online that was supposed to come from your camera - it is described

AVCHD.mts 1920 x 1080 p 23.976. Only one I could find. Took it into Windows 7 64 bit Premiere Elements 13/13.1 project along with a wmv file...video

stabilized the AVCHD.mts but not the wmv...Timeline rendered both...save closed the project...reopened it to find the unrendered look for

only the  AVCHD.mts. The wmv file still had its rendered look.

If you decide you need to render the unrendered looking content that was last seen rendered, you might want to consider

selective rendering of the Timeline content.

To do that, in the Edit area, you set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the content for the Timeline rendering. And, then Timeline render

using the Timeline Menu/Render Work Area or the Render button above the Timeline. I prefer to hit Enter on the computer main keyboard.

The screenshot is from 12, but the principles are the same for 13.

Render.JPG

No one has advanced the programming reason for this Timeline rendered content/save close reopen/unrendered Timeline content look.

It is further complicated by result based on type of content involved - psd, jpg, format of video.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this. If you have, I will comment on them later in the morning.

Thanks.

ATR