2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2015 4:58 AM by dj_paige

"file could not be found"

heatherr47193416

The last two photo shoots I have imported and edited now have "file could not be found" on all of the images. I exported only SOME of the edited photos into a folder for social media marketing, and had not yet exported the rest for my clients. It doesn't matter if I am in library, or develop, it says it everywhere and has an icon. When I click on the icon it says "photo is missing". WHAT is happening?? help!!!

• 1. Re: "file could not be found"
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

It would appear that Lightroom cannot find the original image file.

Verify that the file is on your hard drive by going to the Library module, right-click, "show in Explorer/Finder".

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: "file could not be found"
            dj_paige Level 9

heatherr47193416 wrote:

The last two photo shoots I have imported and edited now have "file could not be found" on all of the images. I exported only SOME of the edited photos into a folder for social media marketing, and had not yet exported the rest for my clients. It doesn't matter if I am in library, or develop, it says it everywhere and has an icon. When I click on the icon it says "photo is missing". WHAT is happening?? help!!!

This happens because you move, rename or delete the original photo file (or the folder that contains it) outside of Lightroom.

If you haven't deleted the photo, you can reconnect in Lightroom using these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders