• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice On Choosing A Business Font ?

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all ! I wonder if i can pick some brains ?

I'm a photogapher and i'm trying to design a new business card and look to my brand.

At the moment I'm using Adobe Arno Pro font for my main logo which i quite like. It has a traditional almost classical look but with a contemporary twist - see attached pic.

However, I'm not sure i like the look of Arno Pro for the main font text on the reverse of my business card  - see pic attached.

I've also kept all text lower case on rear of card ... is this cool or not ?!

If i keep Arno Pro caption for my main logo font, what other fonts would anyone suggest for the reverse / main type ?

I photograph people, places, architecture, fashion, 360 panoramas and video so i'd kinda like the font to reflect this.

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated !

Many thanks

Business_Card_Front-2015.jpgBusiness_Card_Back-2015.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this is a really nice, clean design! Easy to read and very distinctive.

The only downside of this design is that by putting contact information on the reverse side, you defeat the ability of scanning and storing business card information which many professionals do. You also might consider an actual snail mail address such that someone can mail something to you if necessary.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Don ! I like to keep my address private

So you like the font lower case on the reverse too ? Not too 'Times New Roman' y as that's such a common font ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't look anything like Times New Roman! The font has an “edgy” yet classic look.

I personally see nothing wrong with lower-case only on the reverse? Unconventional, yes! But also very clear and distinctive!

- Dov

PS:   I am sure others may have differing opinions!  

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great Don ... pretty much the image i'm trying to portray. Really value your opinion ... but interested to see what others may say too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines