7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2015 1:56 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I get to use my title sequence in future projects?

Styve100

Hi all, I am having fun creating a title sequence to use as a 'brand' for me, or to use in all my future projects, but I am struggling after I have finished the title sequence project and saved, to know how to then import this sequence to be the beginning of my new projects?

• 1. Re: How do I get to use my title sequence in future projects?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Styve100

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Title files created in the program's Titler workspace, can be saved as prtl files to be used in future projects.

Also, title templates that are editable in the Titler.

To do that, you select the thumbnail of the title in the project media area and then go to File Menu/Export/Title.

However, please define what you mean by "creating a title sequence" so that I can determine if that would qualify

for the above Title save.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I get to use my title sequence in future projects?
            P1965 Level 1

I too have created opening sequences, and closing ones, that took extensive work and time to perfect.  As a suggestion, this is what I did.

After completion, I saved the said project by "Save as" and created a new (duplicate) project with a name referring to the sequence, ie: "Open credits".  This not only serves as a back up, but allows for additional sequences or editing without losing the original. I also exported the sequence(s) as an AVCHD, as a back up, or just for use as import to another project.  I found this particularly useful after creating an album open effect - lot of work!

Just a thought....

• 3. Re: How do I get to use my title sequence in future projects?
              Styve100 Level 1

Hi

I am using elements 13 on an intel imac.

I have created a short timeline with black and then put the lens flare effect on that and then with key frames moved the lens flare around and varied the brightness, I also added a basic title from the standard titles available in the bottom bar.

I also added a standard sound track again for now from the bottom bar.

I basically have created a short movie I guess and this can be saved or exported in the normal manner. It does not seem obvious how to import this to be at the beginning of a new project?

Generally when I try to import it into a project the file  name is greyed out when I browse for it.

But obviously I can open it as a stand alone project.

I have exported it as a .MOV file, this may not be the best option but I can import that into a project and it is my opening sequence for that new project, although I cannot change any of the elements of it.

So my original question is, what is the best way in elements 13 to save hours of work creating your own opening sequence to then have that at the begining of a new project and be able to edit say a credit in that sequence?

• 4. Re: How do I get to use my title sequence in future projects?
                Styve100 Level 1

forgot to say the imac is on latest Yosemite and is running fine

• 5. Re: How do I get to use my title sequence in future projects?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Styve100

Thanks for the further details of how you prefer to put together and save Timeline components to represent a customized title to be used and be editable in future projects.

The only way I see that happening goes back to the comments of P1965.

Open a new project, create the title sequence, save project as the project file (project.prel) to the computer hard drive. Every time you want to use this title sequence in a new project, open a copy of that project and work from that copy to build on the title sequence which is "built in".

I think that I would not just save this master project, I would save it using File Menu/Project Archiver/Copy Project. Then the resulting saved Copied Folder would contain copies of the source media that went into the title sequence as well as a copy of the project file.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Archiving projects

This would avoid missing media issues if the source media were moved, deleted, renamed after the save close of the project.

But, there is another consideration....you cannot change the project preset for a project once the project preset has been set. Are all your projects

going to have the same project preset (project settings)?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: How do I get to use my title sequence in future projects?
                    Styve100 Level 1

Thanks for that, i am currently experimenting with each idea. If I archive a project, can i import it into a project, or is it opened as a stand alone project?

• 7. Re: How do I get to use my title sequence in future projects?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Styve100

Thanks for the reply.

You cannot import one project file (.prel) into another. So, what is copied in the Copied Folder from the Project Archiver is a standalone project.

If you want to copy from project to project

a. ClipMate in conjuction with Premiere Elements (not an option for you since ClipMate is Windows Only)

or

b. Export the content of project 1 to a format compatible with project 2 and import the export from project 1 into  project 2.

ATR