5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2015 7:58 PM by A.T. Romano

No Disk error

jond38160640

I installed Premiere Elements v13, as an upgrade to v9. After the install, any time I start Premiere Elements, I get a "No Disk" message window with "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1". I get the option to "Cancel", "Try Again" or "Continue". If I hit Continue, the same window pops up several times before Premiere Elements opens up.

• 1. Re: No Disk error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jond

The No Disc error is a known issue with Premiere Elements 13/13.1. The Adobe solution is to delete or disable the OldFilm.AEX file.

What computer operating system...assuming

In Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

and in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX file that you delete or disable by renaming it to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: No Disk error
            jond38160640 Level 1

After multiple chats with support, and a support resource remote connecting to my PC, still unable to fix. Tired of waiting to get this fixed. Pursuing a refund.

• 3. Re: No Disk error
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jond

Thanks for the update. Sorry the news was not better.

Please excuse the question, but are you sure that the OldFilm.AEX file has been deleted or disabled from your computer?

I asked this as a double check since, in 99.9999% of the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 cases of No Disc, that has been the fix for the problem.

Did the Adobe people who you contacted acknowledge that or did they claim to know nothing about that? I ask since that fix was pointed to by

Adobe's PRE_help in this Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.

Whatever your video editing choice, best wishes.

As your time permits, please let us know if any further developments if the matter resolves in other than a return/refund.

ATR

• 4. Re: No Disk error
                jond38160640 Level 1

The person did not seem to be aware of the suggested fix.  When they remote accessed my computer, I showed him. I had previously tried the suggested fix. Then, they tried it. Did not work. Unfortunate, as v13 likely had some cool new features.

I did not want the 30 day window for a refund to lapse, so I requested a refund, which they are processing.  When I get more time, I will repurchase and try again.

• 5. Re: No Disk error
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jond

Thanks for the reply with further information on your situation.

If you do revisit Premiere Elements (any version), please evaluate the tryout before purchase to assure the compatibility of the version with your computer operating system and your project goals.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes.

ATR