5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2015 9:44 PM by A.T. Romano

PE9 "New Projects" window inoperative, broken, not working.

freds34628203

I reinstalled PE9.  Now when I select "New Projects" I get the window asking for "Name", "Save In", "Browse", "Change Setting", "OK", and "Cancel".  None of the "buttons" or windows work.  I cannot enter a name, browse, "OK", or "Cancel".  The only funtion that works is the red "X".

• 1. Re: PE9 "New Projects" window inoperative, broken, not working.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

freds

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 running on?

Is this the first time you are installing this version to your computer? Or, are you reinstalling it after having installed and used

it successfully before on this same computer? If the latter, how long ago did the version work for you?

Do you have the installation files or installation disc for the program along with the purchased serial number? If so, I would advise you to do an uninstall, free cleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled if you have gone through the typical drill and gotten no solution....

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you running the program as administrator, and is QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

3. Are you using a pen and table device instead of a mouse?

4. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

5. Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of the program?

6. Are you running the program from a company or school network?

Please give an overview of your situation before you begin the above so that I can add of subtract questions accordingly.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE9 "New Projects" window inoperative, broken, not working.
            freds34628203 Level 1

Good day A.T.

I reinstalled PE9 after a PC crash a couple weeks ago.  It worked perfectly in January. 

I have the installation disc & serial number. I have uninstall & installed a few times but I am unfamiliar with a "cleaner".  I have not reinstalled with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled but will try after using the cleaner. What is a cleaner?

Regards,

FS

• 3. Re: PE9 "New Projects" window inoperative, broken, not working.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

FS

The free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts) should get rid of leftovers from uninstalls and reinstalls.

Frequently suggested and good results for your type of situation.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Before using it, please read about it before use.

Piriform - CCleaner

You should not have to go beyond free.

Also, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will be watching for your decision and results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: PE9 "New Projects" window inoperative, broken, not working.
                freds34628203 Level 1

ATR,

I ran CCleaner removing the regular and registry parts of unwanted files and reloaded PE9 with Norton Firewall & Anti-Virus off.  I selected "New Project" with the same result.  I closed it using Task Manager and reopened it. 

I selected the option next to "I have an earlier version" or "Show me the latest cool stuff".  I went through the information and selected "Get Started".  It seemed to work.  I closed PE 9 and reopened it.  After selecting "New Project" The App froze and familiar Microsoft ding would sound every few seconds.  I had to close it with Task Manager. 

This is the problem detail provided:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:  AppHangB1

Application Name:        Adobe Premiere Elements 9.exe

Application Version:    9.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:            4c86dd10

Hang Signature:            4aff

Hang Type:      0

OS Version:      6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:         1033

Additional Hang Signature 1:    4aff48928c25fb19b270674a42b561a5

Additional Hang Signature 2:    258d

Additional Hang Signature 3:    258de7cf1c01a944383ef12b71dae4e7

Additional Hang Signature 4:    4aff

Additional Hang Signature 5:    4aff48928c25fb19b270674a42b561a5

Additional Hang Signature 6:    258d

Additional Hang Signature 7:    258de7cf1c01a944383ef12b71dae4e7

Read our privacy statement online:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:   C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

1. The problem exists with and without the antivirus and firewall disabled.

2. I am using PE 9 as administrator and QuickTime 7.7.6 is installed.

3. I'm using a mouse.  No pen and table device was ever used w/ this PC.

4. The video card/graphics card is up to date.

5. The error noted above was before I installed the 9.0.1 Update.  After the persistent dinging, uninstalled PE and used CCleaner.  The firewall & anti-viruse were disabled and I install PE 9 & the 9.0.1 update.  The same errors and dinging occurred with the following problem report.  Now the problem is worse because after selecting “New Project” the App immediately freezes and ding sounds starts repeating.

This is the problem details after the reinstall of PE 9 and install of 9.0.1.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:  AppHangB1

Application Name:        Adobe Premiere Elements 9.exe

Application Version:    9.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:            4c86dd10

Hang Signature:            4aff

Hang Type:      0

OS Version:      6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:         1033

Additional Hang Signature 1:    4aff48928c25fb19b270674a42b561a5

Additional Hang Signature 2:    258d

Additional Hang Signature 3:    258de7cf1c01a944383ef12b71dae4e7

Additional Hang Signature 4:    4aff

Additional Hang Signature 5:    4aff48928c25fb19b270674a42b561a5

Additional Hang Signature 6:    258d

Additional Hang Signature 7:    258de7cf1c01a944383ef12b71dae4e7

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Note, I did install the 9.0.1 update with firewall/ anti-virus disabled and tried opening PE with the firewall/ antivirus enabled and disabled with the same results.

6. I’m using PE 9 from a non-networked home PC.

• 5. Re: PE9 "New Projects" window inoperative, broken, not working.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

fred

Thanks for the update.

Let us try the following...

a. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if that does not work, then delete the whole

9.0 Folder in which it exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can

see the complete path cited.

b. If we have gone through assuring that the video card/graphics card is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card,

then let us go with deleting the BadDrivers.txt file.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

When you reopen the program, the program generates a new BadDrivers.txt file.

(This route also requires that you are not working with hidden files, folders, drives.)

c. If none of the above works, you can explore creating a new user account with administrative privileges and installing and trying to run

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 from that.

d. In the remote possibility that the installation files have been damaged, you could download and install tryout files from the following

web site and then insert your purchased serial number into them during installation.

Photoshop Elements 9 / Premiere Elements 9 Direct Download Links | ProDesignTools

Just go through the web site's Note: Very Important Instructions carefully to avoid an Access Denied message.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR