2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2015 3:20 AM by Willi Adelberger

"Master" Frames for printable labels?

GerhartHinse

Hi all,

I am making a template for printable labels, there are 40 labels per sheet. I would like to set it up so every frame is a duplicate of one "master" frame. In other words, if I make changes to the "master" frame, the changes happen to the other 39 labels on the page.

Is there any way to do this? I feel like its very simple and Im just missing it.

Thanks,

Gerhart

• 1. Re: "Master" Frames for printable labels?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Make a 1-up label document, then place that in a larger doc and duplicate 39 times to make your 40-label grid. Edit the 1-up and then update the links in the 40-up file.

This presumes all labels will be exactly the same. If you are making custom labels for mailing, for example, with different address information, you may want to look at using Data Merge, which is explained well in the Help files.

• 2. Re: "Master" Frames for printable labels?
            Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Make one label ready, select it, choose the Content Collector Tool.

Now appears the Convoyer Ribbon.

Select now the Content place tool.

Click on create Link and choose "Place multiple and keep in convoyer,

Click to place it where you want multiple times.

If you need to make changes, do it with the first original. In the Link panel you see all instances and you can select them there and apply all updates.