• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Session use on Opera

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2007 Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing a series of web pages that use sessions variables. The session variables work as expected in IE, Netscape and Firefox. The session variable don't work in Opera. I use CFDUMP to watch the creation and modification to the session variables on the various pages. Specifically, here is the activity that is failing in Opera:
1) My index.cfm page shows a list of Weather Stations - the user selects one
2) Selecting and submitting a Station creates a session variable. The session variable functions and displays correctly on every page except the original index.cfm page.
3) When the user goes back to the index.cfm page, Opera doesn't recognize the session variables. The page acts like it is being pulled out of the history, but it isn't. The user is not clicking back. The user directly clicks on a link to the index page, but the page doesn't show the session. If the user then refreshes the page, the session will update.

As I said, the session tracks properly in all other tested browsers.

Any suggestions? Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007
That did it. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Feb 06, 2007 Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like, as you said, that it's being displayed from the cache. Are you disabling caching on all your pages? If, after you set your session variables, you clear the cache in Opera and go back to the index page, does it display correctly?

Each browser has different caching behavior. If the index page displays different data, but the URL remains the same, you need to disable caching on that page (and any other pages that meet those criteria).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That did it. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation