6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2015 2:58 PM by Yammer

Finding files by develop settings

Yammer Level 4

Probably a question for Bridge users, but that forum is pretty useless, and it relates to Camera Raw, so I'm asking here...

In Bridge, you can search for files by certain EXIF or file metadata, and filter Contents by a few more statistics, like orientation or aspect ratio. However, I've never found a way of selecting files with specific raw development settings, like Exposure = 0.00, or Clarity = 20.

I could use the operating system search instead to search XMP sidecars for text strings, but then there would be no way to easily and quickly work on the resulting files as a batch, as far as I can see.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Finding files by develop settings
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I know you can filter by exposure by using the Filter panel (natch), which is enabled by default in the lower left corner in Bridge CC.

Otherwise, you can create any keyword you want on the lower right Keywords panel, apply them to selected images, then use the Filter panel using the "Keywords" element containing your customized keywords.

• 2. Re: Finding files by develop settings
            Yammer Level 4

Warunicorn wrote:

I know you can filter by exposure by using the Filter panel (natch), which is enabled by default in the lower left corner in Bridge CC.

Otherwise, you can create any keyword you want on the lower right Keywords panel, apply them to selected images, then use the Filter panel using the "Keywords" element containing your customized keywords.

Exposure? That must be new in CC, unless you mean "Exposure Time", which is the EXIF shutter speed, not the Camera Raw Exposure setting.

Keywords doesn't help me identify ACR develop settings.

• 3. Re: Finding files by develop settings

Ahh, mistook that.

I know you can generically look for Camera Raw settings using Ctrl/Cmd + F (e.g., Shadows; Exposure; Tint) but I don't know of a way to specifically look for criteria. (Oddly, looking for something like a specific Tint works, but not a specific Exposure. Bug, maybe?)

If it were me, I'd create my own Keywords as I can easily assign them to specific images to find later on. Might be cumbersome though with a large number of images.

• 4. Re: Finding files by develop settings
                Yammer Level 4

Warunicorn wrote:

I know you can generically look for Camera Raw settings using Ctrl/Cmd + F (e.g., Shadows; Exposure; Tint)

You can? How? Can you give me an example, as I can't see how you do that?

If it were me, I'd create my own Keywords as I can easily assign them to specific images to find later on. Might be cumbersome though with a large number of images.

This does not help me find specific Camera Raw develop settings. I already use keywords. That's not the issue here.

• 5. Re: Finding files by develop settings

Sure, in Bridge, use Edit > Find, then use "All Metadata," "contains," and use an exact metadata criterion you know exists in a specific folder in a specific RAW. (e.g., Tint +13 lets me find a specific RAW with that setting but, as I mentioned before, criteria like exposure do not work for some reason, even though it's right there under "Camera Raw" under the Metadata panel.)

• 6. Re: Finding files by develop settings
                    Yammer Level 4

I couldn't get this to work at first, but you have to be really precise with the syntax.

If I search all metadata for crs:Exposure2012 0.00, it will find all images with an Exposure setting of 0.00.

This is going to be really useful for batch operations. Cheers!!