3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2015 10:27 AM by vikramchacko

there is fraying on the edge of my shapes.

vikramchacko

using cs6, after effects. mac, Making an animation, using the puppet effect, however this glitchhas started to effect lots of the shapes, around the edges it looks as though the object is fraying, you can see it in the image below. What is the cause of this, and how can it be fixed.

Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 12.38.33 PM.png

• 1. Re: there is fraying on the edge of my shapes.
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, that would appear when the effect can't determine the internal fold direction of the deformation, i.e. whether to displace horizontally or vertically first. Use the starch and overlap tools to control that a bit. Otherwise your mesh or your imagery may need tweaking, but without seeing those nobody can advise.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: there is fraying on the edge of my shapes.
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unfortunately your screenshot tells us nothing about your timeline or your layers so I can only guess that your mesh is too small and you are moving the puppet pin in a way that is causing the mesh to fold back on itself.

If you want better answers give us a full resolution screenshot showing the layer that is giving you problems in the timeline with all properties revealed (press the u key twice) and the comp window with the mesh revealed. That will give us an idea of what you're doing.

• 3. Re: there is fraying on the edge of my shapes.
              vikramchacko Level 1

Thank you, Rick and Mylenium, I was able to figure out the issue at least for this situation due to your posts, It seems my bend it effect which was unnecessary at this point in the animation was actually the cause of this.

again thank you for your help.

Vik