3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2009 3:32 PM by Scott S_DW

Displaying RichTextEditor Data in datagrid

trycold Level 1
      Hi,

I have a form in which I am using RichTextEditor to collect data. In other page I am displaying the same data in the datagrid. How do I display the data in the datagrid as htmlText. Do I use the label function? If yes then how.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Displaying RichTextEditor Data in datagrid
          Scott S_DW

Hello,

does anyone have an answer to the question asked in the thread above????

here is my code -

<mx:DataGrid width="846" height="292" id="site_contact_eventDG" dataProvider="{siteContactEventData}">
                              <mx:columns>
                                  <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="SN" dataField="site_contact_event_id" width="40"/>
                                  <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Date of Event" dataField="date" width="200"/>
                                  <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Note" dataField="notes" wordWrap="true" width="200"/>
                              </mx:columns>
                          </mx:DataGrid>

The dataprovider is coming from a MySQL database with the dataField "notes" currently Rich Text.  It is populating the datagrid but the Rich Text is being displayed.

here is an example of the XML being returned.

<site_contact_event_id><![CDATA[2]]></site_contact_event_id>
                <site_id><![CDATA[1]]></site_id>
                <date><![CDATA[2009-05-14]]></date>
                <notes><![CDATA[<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE="10" COLOR="#0B333C" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">s</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>]]></notes>

Attached is a sceen shot of the current datagrid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

• 3. Re: Displaying RichTextEditor Data in datagrid
            Scott S_DW Level 1

Thanks Alex,

Much appreciated.

Scott