This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
you're only executing that goto statement when something loads into both _level1 and _level2.
the swf you're loading into _level1 has a frame labeled "loadedSWF"? and you can see your _level1 swf after your _level2 swf loads?
and i'm a little worried about that first check to see if something loads into _level0. are you loading something into _level0? if so, all that code is irrelevent.
Yes, each level1 has a frame labeled "loadedSWF". I was using the levels from the movie clip loader object to read each's progress. What I was trying to accomplish but am semi-unsuccessful at is...
1. load two swfs using the movie clip loader object (into level 1 & 2)
2. combine their bytestotal and loaded into one progress movie clip
3. Then only after both is loaded tell _level1.gotoAndPlay("loadedSWF");
as my _level1 swf has a code that triggers _level2 to play at a later time. I am not loading anything into _level0 b/c that would make no sense... but thats why you asked.... i put that there as a check
All of my code is in a preloader.swf. Here is all of my code:
that makes it look even more likely the problem is you can't see your _level1 swf.
attach a trace() function to the "loadedSWF" frame in you swf that loads into _level1.
I wrote an entirely new loader... didnt even use the movie clip loader class... and had the same damn problem... works on a mac but not on a win. box.... so then i switched what file i was loading and had the same problem.....
now im going crazy.... so i changed the security tags in the html to always then I stopped loading the file with an absolute addy (that had been one thing i never changed from the diff. versions).... and sure enough now it works...... I HAVE NO CLUE WHY.... you have to tell me... im not sure if the sandbox thing got in the way or if the FP9 hates absolute paths???
ohhhh. if files_root pointed to a non-local path you probably did run into an ie security issue.
It pointed to a local file. So, when I applied my preloader to the three different main.swf's I got some mixed results. The smallest ones were getting loaded but they were invisible until I reloaded the page using the browser. The largest seemed to work fine. I have never had this happen. What I never mentioned was that my preloader was 84kb... which might be the biggest one I've ever used. I figured that it had to load itself.... and the other two levels all in the first frame which was a problem. What I did to satisfy the three diff. loads was to make the entire preloader.swf 10 frames long.
BTW none of this was ever a problem for the mac system, only win 2000 and xp (only ones i tested)
On the first I kept:
this._lockroot = true;
progress_mc._visible = false;
loadMovieNum("main_1.swf", 1); // which is 480kb
loadMovieNum("news.swf", 2); // 20kb
// the other two files that had the problem
// were main_2.swf and _3 both were 88kb
then on frame 10 I put the following: