4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2015 3:29 AM by martynd35840460

I am running Lightroom5.7, can I safely uninstall older versions of Lightroom 3, & 4?

martynd35840460

Question: I am running Lightroom5.7, can I safely uninstall, the older versions 3 & 4, from the same hard drive, that runs 5.7?

• 2. Re: I am running Lightroom5.7, can I safely uninstall older versions of Lightroom 3, & 4?
          martynd35840460 Level 1

Many thanks for your reply, as I had suspected, its better to leave the old versions where they are,

Thanks again for your help

Martyn

-

Original message----

Date : 21/03/2015 - 16:39 (GMTST)

To : m.drake07@btinternet.com

Subject :  I am running Lightroom5.7, can I safely uninstall older versions of Lightroom 3, & 4?

I am running Lightroom5.7, can I safely uninstall older versions of Lightroom 3, & 4?

created by whsprague in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

The potential tangle will be in the catalogs of each version.  If you keep them separate, named differently and don't try to transfer from one to another, I think it should work.  Take good backups first!

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7324380#7324380 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7324380#7324380

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: I am running Lightroom5.7, can I safely uninstall older versions of Lightroom 3, & 4?
            whsprague Level 4

After I posted my first answer, I realized that I totaly misread your question.  I thought you were installing older versions on a system running 5.7.   I guess I needed another cup of coffee or new glasses.

When I realized my mistake a minute later, I edited it from the long winded answer to the short "Yes".

It is completely safe to remove old versions when the newer version is up and running. 

I apologize for the confusion I created.

Bill

• 4. Re: I am running Lightroom5.7, can I safely uninstall older versions of Lightroom 3, & 4?
              martynd35840460 Level 1

Hi Bill,

Apology not needed, it was very good of you to respond to my question, thanks for your update, I will now take action. My problem occurred, when my computer informed me, that drive 'C' was full, so I started to remove software I never use or need. The mistake I made was in giving drive 'C' too small a capacity, when I partitioned the drive.

Its all part of getting old, computers came along too late for me, I enjoy using the software, but operating systems! they can make me panic.

Again, many thanks

Martyn

-

Original message----

Date : 21/03/2015 - 17:08 (GMTST)

To : m.drake07@btinternet.com

Subject :  I am running Lightroom5.7, can I safely uninstall older versions of Lightroom 3, & 4?

created by whsprague in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

After I posted my first answer, I realized that I totaly misread your question.  I thought you were installing older versions on a system running 5.7.   I guess I needed another cup of coffee or new glasses.

When I realized my mistake a minute later, I edited it from the long winded answer to the short "Yes".

It is completely safe to remove old versions when the newer version is up and running. 

I apologize for the confusion I created.

Bill

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7324385#7324385 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7324385#7324385

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.