2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2015 3:42 AM by u_felski

start scanning watchfolder after startup on network render machine?

u_felski Level 1

Hi,

i am setting up a small render farm of a couple of mac minis having only AErender installed.

Is there a way, maybe an startupscript that automatically scans my watchfolder after the AErender started up? At the moment i have to go into the render machine and select the watchfolder each time after startup.I would like to have the render clients run without monitors,keyboards, mouses connected and not having to access them via screen sharing each time i want to render. I couldnt find that specific information anywhere, so any insight on this will be highly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot!

• 1. Re: start scanning watchfolder after startup on network render machine?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As far as I know this is not possible on Mac since it doesn't respond to the specific commandline parameter.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: start scanning watchfolder after startup on network render machine?
            u_felski Level 1

....i found a workaround with applescript myself... sometimes i`s great not giving up too soon:-))

maybe there is a more elegant way.. but this works.

compiled as app and used as login item.

AE render seems to remember the last watch folder selected, so i didn`t have to set the path.

might look quirky to a pro, i`m just happy it works,i`m not a programmer and just collected and tried snippets of code until it worked.

delay (20)

tell application "System Events"

tell application "Adobe After Effects CC 2014" to activate

end tell

delay (3)

tell application "System Events"

tell process "Adobe After Effects CC 2014.2 (13.2)"

click menu item "Watch Folder..." of menu "File" of menu bar 1

end tell

tell application "Adobe After Effects CC 2014" to activate

tell application "System Events" to key code 36

end tell