3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2007 7:23 PM by maggar

need help with script

maggar
      I need help. Im trying to figure out what this script is. i have a flash site im trying to edit that i got from online and theres a script that has something in it (on (release) {
      if ((_root.p<>6) and (not _root.playing)) {
      _parent["bt" + _root.p].gotoAndPlay(12);
      _root.p=6;
      _root.play();
      }
      }
      ) and i cant figure it out. im trying to figure out what the script (_root.p<>6 and _root.p=6) and so forth is doing. The movie clip it is poing to in the library is labeled (page43543). Can anyone help me as to how this is working to call that movie clip? I can attach the flash file if needed even though its 6mb if needed.

• 1. need help with script
          coldMiner Level 1
          Looks like Flash4/5 code...
          update:
          // if variable p(number) on root timeline != 6 and value playing(Boolean) != false then do this kode
          if ((_root.p!=6) && (!_root.playing)) {
          _parent["bt" + _root.p].gotoAndPlay(12);
          _root.p=6;
          _root.play();
          }

Does that makes sense to you?

Edit:
          uh... and it's very frustrating to work on an flash 4/5 project.
          It's often more time saving to remove all the code, and do
          the coding part from scratch.
          But then again - it depends on your actionscript skills.
          • 2. Re: need help with script
            maggar Level 1
            well to be honest, it makes no sense. My actionscript skills are next to nothing. im learning. But how would i be able to, if the site comes up and it has content on the right that i make a certain peace of text IE the header in it a button so when you click it, the content only on the right changes (the rest of the site stays the same) to call another movie clip in the library to replace it? would that be better?
            • 3. Re: need help with script
              maggar Level 1
              i have no clue about action script and i need to figure this out so i can try to change a few things as to which movie clip content windows to be called and make new ones. If need be, i have no problem emailing you the 6mb flash file to wherever if you or someone could please help me understand as to how this stuff is working.