0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2007 8:23 AM by hamlet

Media Controller

hamlet
      Sorry if you have seen this before, but I have reworded the request in the hope it means more to someone out there.

I have recently downloaded an article and sample files for developing a slide presentation synchronised by cue-points to an associated streaming video at:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/media_components.html

I have used the Media Display, Media Controller and Media Playback components as described and produced a presentation from my own materials.

Everything works fine, but I would like a bit more flexibility with the controller!

I would like to be able to set up Back and Next buttons to navigate "Back" to the previous slide (previous cue-point) or forward to the "Next" slide (next cue-point), moving the play head to the appropriate cue-point on the video at the same time as displaying the appropriate slide of the presentation.

Is there a way of editing the controller to add these "buttons" or will it have to be done in action-scripting.
      If the latter could someone point me in the right direction, as I am a relative beginner with Flash action-scripting - dummies guide please.

Many thanks in advance.