1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2007 10:10 PM by Newsgroup_User

dissapearing cursor

sduvall
      Help!
      I'm working on a dual processor mac OS 10.4.8. I'm using director to create an interactive DVD. When I make a projector for windows platform and take a DVD to my client for review on his PC, the cursor just dissapears! It embarasing, and worst, I have no real idea as to how to fix it. Has anyone any ideas? Thanks, Stu
        • 1. Re: dissapearing cursor
          Level 7
          sduvall wrote:

> Help!
          > I'm working on a dual processor mac OS 10.4.8. I'm using director to create
          > an interactive DVD. When I make a projector for windows platform and take a DVD
          > to my client for review on his PC, the cursor just dissapears! It embarasing,
          > and worst, I have no real idea as to how to fix it. Has anyone any ideas?
          > Thanks, Stu

Hi Stu,

Could you tell us a bit more about what's actually happening in this DVD. What's on
          the first screen where the cursor is invisible. Is it an image, text? Do you have a
          PC to test on?

If that happened to me, I'd admit to the client that it is unexpected and I will
          need to look at various possibilities as to why it's occurring. It's OK to say
          you're surprised. Every project needs to be tested and developers can't know the
          answers to every problem before they happen.

You'd need a PC to test on. And you'd need to be able to replicate the issue. If
          you can't, then you'd be going back and forth to your client and using your
          presentation with him/her as your testing. And that would get more embarrassing as
          you'd be going in blind every time.

Debugging is typically a process of elimination where you look at various
          possibilities to the problem and eliminate one by one.

Not knowing anything about your project, I can't say why it's happening. But, I'd
          start by looking at the content. If nothing looks weird there, create a basic
          projector and see if that causes the cursor disappearing. If it happens on one PC,
          and you can't see why, test on another PC. You need to find if it's the computer,
          the DVD, or something you've done in Director.

regards
          Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant
          http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
          http://www.multimediacreative.com.au