• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installation Stuck at 25%-30% ("Downloading" in Download Manager)

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the latest Flash Player update on Mac OS X, but not a single one of my machines is able to do-so. All are running Yosemite 10.10.2, and in all cases I can download the "installer", but when I run it it gets to the "Downloading" stage (25-30%) and proceeds no further.

It also appears that are no longer regular installers at ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/flash, so what are my options? How am I supposed to update Flash now?

Furthermore, if anyone from Adobe happens to read this, what is the point in downloading an "installer" that is actually just a downloader for the REAL installer? And why do I even need to download it at all when I have Flash Player set to update automatically (and get asked to do-so every single time it's updated?). If you want Flash to ever be taken seriously again then we need a real automatic updater that just works; users shouldn't have to keep running manual pseudo-installers just to prevent their browser from black-listing Flash for being out of date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

@MFC_0809,

Thanks for posting the screenshot, which confirms which installer (there are several) is being problematic.

Please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

Haravikk the Horse‌,

Do you license Flash Player?  That is not a public download URL for Flash Player, so curious as to where you obtained that URL from.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have exactly the same problem! and would really appreciate to get a solution quite quickly...

I have a MB Air Yosemite 10.10.2 and ended all programs using adobe flash...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Running the latest Mac OS X at the latest patch level. My installer for Adobe Flash hangs at 25% downloading.

And to the original poster's message, you're spot on. This whole mechanism of updating manually in this fashion is quite juvenile. The software updater should be more automatic, as is done with other Mac apps, both via the Mac AppStore and those that are directly user installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem. I use Mac OS Yosemite latest update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!
I had same problem and I solved it with this:
How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. that solution worked for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "clean install" didn't work for me. So, I have the same problem and not solutions at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and to "Clean Install" is not working for me... Adobe Error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MFC_0809,

Thanks for posting the screenshot, which confirms which installer (there are several) is being problematic.

Please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

Haravikk the Horse‌,

Do you license Flash Player?  That is not a public download URL for Flash Player, so curious as to where you obtained that URL from.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@m_vargas the Adobe FTP server can be used to get most of the actual software installers, it's how I install Adobe Reader updates since they don't work either. It's all official, public files, just not the preferred means of installing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it could be legit for other products, as I don't work on them, but Flash Player installers aren't posted to an ftp location.

Please try the offline installer, linked to in my comment to  MFC_0809‌.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You Maria.. the offline installation works perfect for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines