3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2015 6:21 AM by dlars1230

Lightroom to Photoshop and Back

dlars1230

Hi, I had LR5 and PS5 previously and just upgraded to CC when I purchased a new computer.  Previously, when I opened a file in PS from LR then saved my edits, it would close the PS window and display the photo in LR.  Using CC, when I save and close the photo, the PS window stays active on top and I have to manually click LR to see what I edited.  The file isn't highlighted either.  I know it's a small nuisance, but having been accustomed to it doing one thing and now it's not, how can I fix it? (I'm not sure if that makes sense, but for someone who uses it, it might.  Help appreciated, thanks!)

• 1. Re: Lightroom to Photoshop and Back
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Interesting.

When going from LR to PS and back, I have always had to manually switch back to LR after PS closes the PSD file.

If the new PSD file shows in the slideshow at the bottom, it is selected. However, it not always showing is a different conversation.

Obviously I am not being much help except to suggest that what you are seeing seems normal.

• 2. Re: Lightroom to Photoshop and Back
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The behavior you are seeing now is how it is always worked on my computer. I'm using Windows 7.

• 3. Re: Lightroom to Photoshop and Back
              dlars1230 Level 1

Ok thanks. I guess it's normal but still annoying.  I'd love for LR to open or move "front" as an active window when I save and close the file in PS.  It's not even highlighting the saved new .tiff file in LR.  Just a small annoyance that slows down my editing time a little bit.  I guess I'll adjust. 

I use a Mac, so its similar to Windows I guess in that respect.    Adobe should take note and maybe fix this! It would be a nice enhancement when working between the two programs. 

Thanks JimHess