4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 11:12 AM by m_vargas

Flash won't install – hello, Adobe, are you listening?

JRDThree

I am running Yosemite 10.10.2 and cannot install Flash v.17 plug-in on my Macbook Pro. Like so many who have already posted, I get a General Installation Error and the install fails. As far as I can tell, the only solution that has been posted works in some cases, but not in all cases. That solution involves downloading the full install version, deleting old versions of the plug-in, doing a general system cleanup, restarting, and then installing the new Flash player. I do not plan to follow this process because I do not want to delete my current plug-in. I have seen posts from others who did this and now have no Flash player at all, and are unable to install even prior versions of the plug-in. Why in the world would Adobe release an update that doesn't work? Didn't Adobe think it would be a good idea to test the new version with Yosemite before releasing it? Or do they not care? The posts I have seen from Adobe staff have been completely unhelpful and even adversarial. This is inexcusable. I wish developers would adopt an alternative to Flash because this program is nothing but a memory-hogging headache, and now it won't even install. What a joke.