1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 22, 2015 4:28 PM by A.T. Romano

The Premiere Elements 13 Icon Does Nothing When I Click On It.

tawmngyun

I installed Premiere Elements 13 and did all the updates. It will not open. I click the icon and nothing. No hourglass, no nothing. It's as if I didn't click on it all. Double clicked. Nothing. Triple clicked. Nothing. Did I just get robbed by Adobe?

• 1. Re: The Premiere Elements 13 Icon Does Nothing When I Click On It.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tawnmngyun

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user. The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is undefined.

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements running on? How did you install the program - installation files from online download or installation disc from boxed packaging? Did you install to the Local C Disk default location or other?

You wrote

I installed Premiere Elements 13 and did all the updates

If you did all the updates, can we assume that sometime or another, no matter how brief, the program opened to let you update 13 to

the 13.1 Update which is available from within the program?

The usual introductory questions....

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Is your computer part of a school or company network?

2. Do you use a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements and are you running the programs as Administrator?

4. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

5. What is the description of your computer resources?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your answers.

Thank you.

ATR