3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2015 9:03 PM by A.T. Romano

File > new project > change setting > what preset should I use for video that is MPEG-TS / AVC High @ L4.0 codedc ID 27

ABB654 Level 1

Greetings,

In premiere elements 13 What preset should I use for video that is:

Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

• 1. Re: File > new project > change setting > what preset should I use for video that is MPEG-TS / AVC High @ L4.0 codedc ID 27
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ABB654

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 running?

For now I will assume Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

NTSC

DV Standard

Are you having problems importing the file or are you just asking for a suggested project preset for the project

that uses this file as source?

If you open the program to the Expert workspace, use Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you

drag the file to the Timeline.....what are the readings under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio

(even if the fields look grayed out? What is the file extension - .m2ts and are you dealing with interlaced video?

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: File > new project > change setting > what preset should I use for video that is MPEG-TS / AVC High @ L4.0 codedc ID 27
            ABB654 Level 1

Greetings thanks for the information that got me a little further!

Goal:  Take a long video and chop it into smaller distinct segments and save it as a new smaller video in the same format so no quality is lost.  Seems like you would want to end up saving the new shorter video segment with the video in the same settings as when you started.  Along with the audio in the same format as what you started with only shorter.  Any ideas how best to do this with out losing any quality?

Using Elements 12

Widows 7 I think 64 bit

Capture.JPG

• 3. Re: File > new project > change setting > what preset should I use for video that is MPEG-TS / AVC High @ L4.0 codedc ID 27
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ABB654

Thanks for the follow up.

Please explore the following export for the Timeline that you have described....

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = M2T - 1920 x 1080i30, and then you are going to customize the preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the preset.

Here is my suggestions for your first run. We are going to create a AVCHD.m2t (720 x 480 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second)... Premiere Elements does not offer an export with a .m2ts file extension.

Please match the settings shown in the screenshot's left side. After you click OK to the Expert Settings (shown on left of screenshot), you will get the Choose Name dialog. Choose Name for your customized preset, and click OK to that area. Then review your settings on the right, designating a File Name for the export and Save In location for the export. Check for estimated File Size and Duration. Click Save to start the export process if all the settings are OK.

AVCHDm2t.JPG

There are other export choices, but let us determine the outcome of the above. Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to stop along the way to ask.

Thank you.

ATR