I installed all updates and tried to open the file again. Now I can add things, type words, but I cannot move anything. Before when I tried to move things it would crash. Now I'm just not able to move anything. Please help!
These questions below may be for a different product... but the KIND of information you need to supply is the same, for the products you use
More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information
-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840
- I'm using InDesign CC (2014) 10.2.0.69
- I installed recent updates.
- I'm using Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.2
- I was trying to move a placed AI file and it crashed. I've since ran all updates and I it no longer crashes, but I cannot move the placed file with my mouse. I can click on it and move it with keyboard arrow keys.
- I was running Illustrator and Firefox when the problem occurred. I since closed all other programs and I am experiencing the same problem.
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? I have Live Surface (which I use with AI) and Mag+ (which I use with ID) installed
- I'm using an iMac (27-inch), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration? No
- Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both? It happens when working within the file.
I tried opening other unrelated InDesign files and I experience the same problem, so I don't believe the issue is with the file itself. And I'm not able to move any of the elements in the file - text boxes, placed files, etc. Everything is in it's right place, all files are properly linked, however, I cannot move anything with my mouse, only if I click on it and then use the arrow keys on my keyboard.
How did you install InDesign on that computer on the first place? Via the CC desktop application or via migration or …?
I installed via the CC desktop application.
The problem has been fixed! I rebooted my entire computer and once it was back on I ran the latest Java update. Once I did that the programs were working fine.