2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2015 3:47 PM by jtthieme

Prores files not recognized... most of the time [message -- file ‘[file name].mov’ cannot be imported – this ‘MooV’ file is damaged or unsupported.]

jtthieme

Running AE CC 13.2 on iMac with Yosemite 10.10.2

I just started getting an error message when trying to import any number of ProRes 422 (HQ) files.

file ‘[file name].mov’ cannot be imported – this ‘MooV’ file is damaged or unsupported.

This happens approximately 90% of the time. There have been occasions where I can open and view files of this type.

I have gone through the various troubleshooting options here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/08/solutions-for-problems-with-quicktime-files-in -after-effects-cc-12-0-because-of-conflict-with-dvcprohdvideoout-quicktime-component.html

I reinstalled ProApps to no avail.

Permissions are fine.

Creative Cloud recently updated AE over the past few days. Perhaps this incremental update fouled something up? Last weekend, things worked perfectly fine.

I have also noticed that it takes a lot longer to load AE (since using last weekend). I have used Time Machine to roll the application back to last week's version to see if that helps.

Any insight is appreciated.