I am having th same problem with my project. I cleaned my
project and tried to re-build it. The html files for any new mxml
application that I had added to the project was not rebuilt and
placed in the bin directory. Also any debug html files that were
also created are also missing. I know of know way to fix the
problem without manually re-creating the application mxml files.
As for the question whether you wasted your money on Flex I
would have to say that we all overpaid for FlexBuilder. It would
probably be fairly priced around $99. It is a very weak IDE type
product as compared with other products on the market today. For
$499 you can get IntelliJ which just blows away this environment
for development even though it is currently only for Java. And the
releas schedule for bug fixes is terrible. We has to wait six
months just for a ".01" incremental update to the product.