1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2007 2:00 AM by RoboColum(n)

Can I set up an autolink to pull one chm to another?

js713
      Ok, here's the problem. I have a small add-on program that the user can pull up from the core program. When the add-on program is active, the developer wants to go through the core program's chm to pull up the add-on's chm. Is there any way we can set up some kind of autolink that tells the core chm to pull the add-on chm when in the add-on window?

The merged TOC feature doesn't really do the trick because it goes to the add-on help while in the add-on window, right? The developer wants to go through the core chm first while in the add-on window. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jessica
        • 1. Re: Can I set up an autolink to pull one chm to another?
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Jessica and welcome to our community. You should be able to do this by using a redirect topic in the core CHM that links to the add in CHM's default topic. You can find out how to do redirect topics by downloading Rick Stone's tips n tricks file and looking up "redirection" in it's index. Once it's setup the developer can set the call to open the core CHM file at the redirect topic file which will automatically redirect to the default topic of the addin CHM. Hope this helps.