3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2007 5:00 PM by janeinpa

How 2 Use Asset Styles w/Drawn object

janeinpa Level 1
      I love the many styles available on the asset panel. They work great when I choose a shape from the toolbar and then double click on one of the styles. However, I want to be able to draw a figure with the brush or pencil and fill that in with one of the styles. I can't seem to get it to work. Isn't this possible?

Jane
        • 1. Re: How 2 Use Asset Styles w/Drawn object
          Level 7
          Jane,

Styles work with vector images not bitmap images. The Pencil and Brush
          tools create bitmap images.

You could experiment with the following.
          Draw a closed shape with the Brush Tool.
          Select the Magic wand tool and in the Properties panel move the
          tolerance up to about 90.
          Click inside the shape you created with the Brush tool.
          Go to the Select menu and click on Convert Marquee to Path.
          Now use the Styles.

alex

alex

janeinpa wrote:
          > I love the many styles available on the asset panel. They work great when I
          > choose a shape from the toolbar and then double click on one of the styles.
          > However, I want to be able to draw a figure with the brush or pencil and fill
          > that in with one of the styles. I can't seem to get it to work. Isn't this
          > possible?
          >
          > Jane
          >
          • 2. Re: How 2 Use Asset Styles w/Drawn object
            janeinpa Level 1
            I don't seem to have the choice for "convert marquee to path" under the Select menu. I'm using Fireworks (MX 2004) Is it somewhere else? I don't see it.

Jane
            • 3. Re: How 2 Use Asset Styles w/Drawn object
              janeinpa Level 1
              In playing with the program, I see I can do what I want with the Vector Path Tool. The Redraw path tool also seems to do this. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two tools.

Jane