3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2017 11:24 AM by whatalotofrubbish

Attach text UNDER path

HeadNClouds Level 1
      I know I've done this before but I can't figure it out or find it - how do I attach the TOP of my text to the BOTTOM of a path? I can attach the text to the path, but its default is the bottom of the text to the inside of the path. I want to attach it to the outside, so that that TOP of the text follows the curve. It's driving me IN-SANE.
        • 1. Re: Attach text UNDER path
          Level 7
          Select the text with the Text Tool and change the Text offset (in the
          Properties Panel) to a negative value.

alex

HeadNClouds wrote:
          > I know I've done this before but I can't figure it out or find it - how do I
          > attach the TOP of my text to the BOTTOM of a path? I can attach the text to the
          > path, but its default is the bottom of the text to the inside of the path. I
          > want to attach it to the outside, so that that TOP of the text follows the
          > curve. It's driving me IN-SANE.
          >
          • 2. Re: Attach text UNDER path
            Level 7
            Correction!
            Use the Baseline Shift and give it a negative number.

:)

Alex Mariño wrote:
            > Select the text with the Text Tool and change the Text offset (in the
            > Properties Panel) to a negative value.
            >
            > alex
            >
            > HeadNClouds wrote:
            >> I know I've done this before but I can't figure it out or find it -
            >> how do I attach the TOP of my text to the BOTTOM of a path? I can
            >> attach the text to the path, but its default is the bottom of the text
            >> to the inside of the path. I want to attach it to the outside, so that
            >> that TOP of the text follows the curve. It's driving me IN-SANE.
            >>
            • 3. Re: Attach text UNDER path
              whatalotofrubbish Level 1

Try doing that inside a circle.

Does not function at all. Any ideas why?

If the text sits on the outside right of the clricle, setting a minus moves it to the outside left of the same circle.

How do you get it to hang from under a circle? Or from inside a doughnut shape?

What is the Basline Shift Icon?

If it is the unlabelled one with two A and one upward pointing arrow, it makes no difference that I can see, and its not mentioned as such in the help files