5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2015 2:38 PM by woolfmusher

videos made in elements 12 will not play in 13

woolfmusher

Iv've just up graded from Premiere Elements 12 to 13 and videos i've made 12 will not plain 13, any suggestions

• 1. Re: videos made in elements 12 will not play in 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

woolfmusher

What computer operating system?

What are the properties of these videos that your created in 12 and will not play in 13?

Premiere Elements 12/12.1

Publish+Share

Computer

what?

and what preset?

Did you use the defaults for the preset or customize the preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, or, if applicable, Multiplexer Tab?

Do these videos import into 13?

If so, do you see a video and audio component on the Expert workspace Timeline tracks?

Please explain "does not work"....

a. no video and no audio at playback

b. Timeline Indicator will not move

c. Jerky playback

d. Other

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: videos made in elements 12 will not play in 13
            woolfmusher Level 1

I'm using Mac 10.9.5 On  an iMac 3.4 Ghz intel core 17 with 16 gigs of ram. When I open the project in 13 that Icreated int 12 . it loads all elements, time line is there I can shuffle through the time line but when init the play button or the space bar it nothing happens.
            Thanks

• 3. Re: videos made in elements 12 will not play in 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

woolfmusher

Thanks for the additional details of your situation.

Caution...please work from copy of the 12 project that you are opening in Premiere Elements 13. The history is that, if you create a project

in one version and then edit it in a later version, you cannot go back an open the later version edited project in the earlier one.

Are you dealing with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on the same Mac computer?

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

Is there an orange or no colored line over the Timeline content when the 12 project opens in 13? If orange, have you Timeline rendered

that content, using Render Button above Timeline or Timeline Menu/Render Work Area?

ATR

• 4. Re: videos made in elements 12 will not play in 13
                woolfmusher Level 1

Hi ATR,sorry for the delay in replying but I was on a a job. Just got back and still my Premiere Elements 13 will not play from the timeline. I have tried all that you suggested. I have both Elements 12 & 13 on my imac. I'm unwilling to remove 12 until I'm sure I can get 13 working  Any more suggestions would be great;y appreciated.

Thanks

Woolfmusher

• 5. Re: videos made in elements 12 will not play in 13
                  woolfmusher Level 1

Hello  ATR, after some fiddling about I managed to make the  video play in my newly installed Premiere Elements 13. When I first opened any project  either created in Elements 12  or in Elements 13 the video wouldn't play using the space bar on Mac or mousing the play icon on the timeline. I just now opened a project in Expert  mode, then switched it to Quick mode and hit play  and it worked , Now have switched back to Expert mode and I can play video  using the mouse or the space bar. Fine that's solved but I don't have any audio in my speakers. It's in the timeline, I can adjust it. It shows  up in the Audio meters but  I can't hear it out of the Mac. Any ideas?

Thanks

Terry Woolf