7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 8:39 PM by A.T. Romano

program unable to find files

HopiTime

When I open an old file in premier elements, the program cannot find the files that were imported. This is true even for trimmed files that have all files sitting right there. I have to find the files and inform the program as to where they are - tediousprogram

• 1. Re: program unable to find files
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere Elements is not part of the Cloud, I will move this to that forum

Premiere Elements Forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

• 2. Re: program unable to find files
            A.T. Romano Level 7

HopiTime

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

You wrote  "...When I open an old file in premier elements, the program cannot find the files that were imported."

1. Please describe the old file...

a. project file (.prel)

b. export such as .mov, .mp4, .avi, .wmv, other

If you are talking about opening earlier project files in a later version of the program,

are you getting "Where is the file _____?" messages?

If you are importing files (.mov, etc) from a save location, are you using Add Media and the files are not displaying

in the Add Media dialog at a location were you know they are....if that is the case, use the All Files category

in the Add Media dialog where you are browsing for the file.

Lots of possibilities. Please explain and clarify further and then we will decide what next based on the

details that you post.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: program unable to find files
              HopiTime Level 1

It is Adobe Premiere Elements 9, on Windows 7. The old file is a project file into which I have added media using the 'get media' function. I have then editted the media into a movie. When I open the file, it cannot find the media I have added.

• 4. Re: program unable to find files
                HopiTime Level 1

thank you

• 5. Re: program unable to find files
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

HopiTime

Thanks for the reply and further details.

To make sure that we are together on this, please allow me to go over

1. You have Premiere Elements 9 on Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit for now).

2. You open an old project file in your Premiere Elements 9.

a. Was the project file created in a version of the program earlier than 9 or in Premiere Elements 9?

3. You add more media to that project now opened in Premiere Elements 9.

a. What are the media that you have added - photos or videos or both?

And where in the project have you added these media - beginning, middle, or end of the project?

b. Have you done a Timeline render for those files on the Timeline with a red line over their content?

Do you see the whole content when you playback the rendered Timeline in the Edit area monitor just before going

to export?

4. How have you exported your Timeline...Share/and then what?

a. Did you go directly from Edit area to Share area?

b. Are all of the media that you added to this project file missing or just some?

Please review the above and let me know if what I have described matches the details of your situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: program unable to find files
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

HopiTime

Thanks for the reply, but some how the message did not get posted with the reply.

As your time permits, please try again.

Thank you.

ATR