9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 2:40 PM by A.T. Romano

sound after video ends

christelh50339719

I have completed my project and ended my video but, after the last video clip there is sound from previous clips showing up and I can't figure out how to delete it?!?!

I have adobe premiere 13 and a mac

Please help!  Thanks so much!

• 1. Re: sound after video ends
          A.T. Romano Level 7

christelh

Please expanded the Expert workspace Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline. Open all the video and audio tracks.

Press the End key (if I recall, in Mac it is fn End key) and inspect the end of the Timeline content.

Have you been there and done that? What you are going to be looking for are leftovers from files that you may have moved out

of the way or fragments of deleted clips. In the unexpanded Timeline, they often present a very thin vertical black lines scattered

about.

What can you tell us about this "previous clip" from where you believe this unwanted audio is coming from?

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: sound after video ends
            christelh50339719 Level 1

So I was all excited and wanted to reply with a HUGE thank you but then I went to save my finished project and it completely froze the entire computer.  I restarted and tried opening my previously saved project and it opens and then quickly shuts down the adobe program again!  I have sent a report to apple but, FREAKING OUT!!!!

• 3. Re: sound after video ends
              A.T. Romano Level 7

christelh

Keep calm.

When you send a report to Apple, does it typically give you a quick reply?

Does it appear that Premiere Elements existing projects are triggering these shutdowns? If you shutdown the computer and then restart it, can you open a

new project whereas you cannot for one that you have worked on? Do these shutdowns occur if you use any other program on your computer?

Depending on the input from Apple and your own observations of the situation, you might consider deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs

file. I believe it should be found on a Mac computer Users/Owner/Libraries/Application Support/ Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0.

If you can open and run a new project, we will start digging deeper into the existing projects to try to determine what in them is creating

conflict.

Best wishes for good news.

ATR

• 4. Re: sound after video ends

Well I haven't heard from Apple yet so I would say no they are not as quick as adobe in responding

It looks like I am able to start a new project.  The program shuts down when I am trying to open the existing project that I have been working on, finished, and needs to be done by tonight!!

No these errors do not occur if i use any other program on my computer.

• 5. Re: sound after video ends

I just tried to upload the video to youtube or something to see if it did save the final edits which is where i was but, it says it's unsupported and i can't even do that.

• 6. Re: sound after video ends
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

christelh

Please go through steps 5 and on in the following Adobe document on Damaged Projects. (Do as many as you can in the sequence suggested).

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/troubleshoot-damaged-projects-premiere-elemen ts.html

Please let me know if any have any impact on the situation.

What about having an AutoSave available? Did you work with AutoSave on, and are there any AutoSave files in the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder (Adobe Folder) that you can use in this emergency?

Did you delete that Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file yet?

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 7. Re: sound after video ends
                      Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

christelh50339719 wrote:

Well I haven't heard from Apple yet so I would say no they are not as quick as adobe in responding

Just to clarify:

This is a user to user forum.  While it is hosted by Adobe, unless you see the description of "Staff" on the avatar of the person's post, they are not an employee of Adobe, but a user like you who has volunteered to provide free help. Many of those who are not staff, like ATR, provide expert help to many.

• 8. Re: sound after video ends

Uninstalled and reinstalled the program and still nothing!  If i click on the saved file it goes to open in adobe, loads to 67% and then shuts down the entire program!

• 9. Re: sound after video ends
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

christelh

Did you have any opportunity to try to get one of the AutoSaves to work in place of the original project.prel (project file)?

The AutoSave might catch the project at a point before you added any content that is causing this issue.

What were the last actions that you took in the program before it went bad on you and would not open?

Were you adding files - if so which one

Were you applying effects - if so which ones

and anything like that that might give us a pointer

Did you move, delete, or rename any files and folders that went into the project after the project was saved closed?

What is the name of the project file that will not open? If you copy the project.prel and rename the copy, and try to open the copy, does that work?

Did you have a chance to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file?

Users/Owner/Libraries/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0?

I am hoping that we can catch onto some details that may expedite matters.

ATR