7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2015 6:50 AM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 12 - PC Windows 8.1 - plenty of disk space and RAM

andrewc13401278

I have been repeatedly getting the following error message when trying to burn a DVD.  The error happens on a mix of different file sizes.  Sometimes the system works correctly.

internal software error:\Vobulator\BlockPlanner\BlockPlanner.cpp,line 215

Can someone please point me in the direction of a fix?

Many thanks

Andrew

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 12 - PC Windows 8.1 - plenty of disk space and RAM
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

Premiere Elements 12 Window 8.1 (assumed 64 bit computer) or just about any version of the program....

With a 99.999999% certainty, your error message is pointing to you placing a stop marker at the end of the last

item on the Timeline. The stop marker is not needed there and causes the type of problem/error that you report.

Please review and consider, and then let us know if the stop marker issue was causing your problem.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 12 - PC Windows 8.1 - plenty of disk space and RAM
            andrewc13401278 Level 1

Hi

Thank you for your very prompt reply.

Yes, my PC is 64 bit.

You are correct in what you say about the stop marker.

I have removed the stop marker from a number of video projects that I was trying to burn and all is well.

I was following instructions from a tutorial that I was following – Infinite Skills – who placed importance on the stop marker being used.

The problem has been with me for months and I had figured that it had something to do with the markers but not stop one.

Thanks again.

Andrew

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 12 - PC Windows 8.1 - plenty of disk space and RAM
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

Thanks for the follow up with the outcome.

If you have a link to the tutorial that you had been following, it would be interesting to learn the

details of that situation.

Just in case mention - stop markers placed in the Timeline destined for AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on

Blu-ray disc are not recognized at playback for those Premiere Elements burn to choices. No workaround for this situation except to export the Timeline to file saved to computer hard drive and then take the file to a 3rd party software for menus and burn to disc.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 12 - PC Windows 8.1 - plenty of disk space and RAM
                andrewc13401278 Level 1

Hi

Thanks again and apologies for the delay in reply.

I use a Video Training DVD and therefore a link is not available.

I have found the tutorial helpful but did put a literal interpretation on the use of stop markers.

In Premier itself there is the selection :  Stop Marker (for DVD only) – Returns to the Main Menu.

I assumed that the Stop Marker was needed to finish off the job and return to the Main Menu.

After what you told me that is not the case.

In one or two of my smaller sized videos the system did not object to the use of Stop Markers.

I was able to burn DVDs and that confused me.

On the Tutorial DVD the topic is covered in chapter 10 06 Creating a Movie Menu.

Kind regards

Andrew

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 12 - PC Windows 8.1 - plenty of disk space and RAM
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

I have been traveling so I am doing catch up on my replies.

The stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline (sometimes even too close to the end) is not needed.

The viewer will be returned to the main menu with or without a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline. And,

essentially 99.999% of the time, there is an error "with" in that condition.

As for stop markers in AVCHD and Blu-ray burn to disc...they have never worked at playback of the disc for any version of Premiere Elements. If you need them for that type of project and still want to use Premiere Elements, then you are forced into a situation where you export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive. And, then you take that file into a 3rd party software that will do the menus (with stop markers) in the burn to AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

Is all going well at this time with the burn to disc for your DVD projects?

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 12 - PC Windows 8.1 - plenty of disk space and RAM
                    andrewc13401278 Level 1

Good Day

Thank you for your continued help and support.

I am quite happy to live without stop markers.

On the whole I find that Premier Elements is a very good and useful package.

I am no longer having any trouble with burning DVDs.

Kind regards

Andrew

• 7. Re: Premier Elements 12 - PC Windows 8.1 - plenty of disk space and RAM
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

Thanks for the good news.

Best wishes

ATR