6 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2006 7:11 AM by Newsgroup_User

Recordset behaviour not working in DW 8.02

vgnet
      When I try to add a recordset, or amend an existing one (which was previously working perfectly) I get the message
      "Missing type in variable: colname".
      When I then try to add it in with the new interface, I still get the same error.
      Using PHP/MySQL server model on Windows XP
        • 1. Re: Recordset behaviour not working in DW 8.02
          Level 7
          Can you reproduce this problem in a new page? Can you clarify what
          you mean by "When I then try to add it in with the new interface, I
          still get the same error"? Can you post the code for your page that
          has this problem?

Thanks,

David Alcala
          Adobe Technical Support
          • 2. Re: Recordset behaviour not working in DW 8.02
            vgnet Level 1
            The interface for adding a variable now has fields for 4 items, the variable name, the type, the default value, and the runtime value. (It used to only ask for the name, default and runtime values.) This is what I mean by the 'new interface'. However, once entered, the advanced recordset window still only shows name, default value and runtime value fields (only shows default ion the runtime column). This then gives the error of "missing type in variable" when I try to save or test the code

I am posting an example of the code. This currently works fine when tested, but if I want to edit any recordset, or add new ones which require variables, I am unable to use Dreamweaver 8 to edit. I either have to do it by hand (what’s the point of having Dreamweaver if I have to do this?) or switch back to using DW2004. This upgrade has been a nightmare and I wish I hadn't bothered

• 3. Re: Recordset behaviour not working in DW 8.02
              Level 7
              Can you describe how you have the advanced view of the Recordset
              dialog box filled out?

Thanks,

David
              • 4. Re: Recordset behaviour not working in DW 8.02
                vgnet Level 1
                Click here for a screencap of the interface . As you can clearly see there is nowhere to put the variable’s 'Type'. This query works fine as it was set up before I upgraded. However, if I want to change it, I get the error message.

If I try to rebuild it the query ‘Type’ ends up the the ‘‘Default Value” field, and the Default Value displays in the “Runtime Value” field of the interface. The error message of 'missing 'type' is still displayed when I test or OK it, and the changes are not stored

The dialogue in the window follows. This is only an example of what occurs any time I try to set up anything except the simplest of queries.
                • 5. Re: Recordset behaviour not working in DW 8.02
                  Level 7
                  Thanks for posting the screen shot and for the additional info.
                  Looking at your screen shot, your recordset dialog box looks different
                  than mine. I don't have a button called "Advanced Query Wizard" in my
                  recordset dialog box. It looks like you have a DW extension
                  installed. Is that correct? If so, which one?

In my 8.0.2 recordset dialog box, I have an Edit button that allows me
                  to edit all four of the variable's parameters, as shown in this screen
                  shot from my PC:

http://tofu.macromedia.com/dalcala/dw802_rs_vars.htm

As we've noted in our Emerging Issues TechNote, DW 8.0.2 may conflict
                  with some server behavior extensions:

Extensions related to server behaviors may not function as expected
                  after installing Dreamweaver 8.0.2 Updater
                  http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=a3f38dcf#serv_behav_exts

David Alcala
                  Adobe Technical Support
                  • 6. Re: Recordset behaviour not working in DW 8.02
                    Level 7

"David Alcala - Adobe" <supportinfo@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                    news:ml4a62tv1jgkut1d3fn3p9hvc0j9a8crl7@4ax.com...
                    > Thanks for posting the screen shot and for the additional info.
                    > Looking at your screen shot, your recordset dialog box looks different
                    > than mine. I don't have a button called "Advanced Query Wizard" in my
                    > recordset dialog box. It looks like you have a DW extension
                    > installed. Is that correct? If so, which one?

Any kind of query wizard or dynamic query extension will no longer work in
                    Dreamweaver. Adobe broke this functionality in the 8.0.2 release.

Tom Muck