10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2015 3:15 PM by Justin Putney

Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)

Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi all!

I downloaded and installed Adobe Extension Manager version 7.3.2.39.

As far as I know, this is the latest version from Sept. 25 2014: Adobe Extension Manager Updates Downloads

It is installed under:

Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CC/Adobe Extension Manager CC.app

After starting the app, it will not recognize any of my installed CC apps like:
      InDesign CC v9.3.0

InDesign CC v10.2.0

or others.

What can be done?

Uwe

• 1. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)

Here a screenshot of the empty Adobe Extension Manager:

AdobeExtensionManagerShowingNoApps.png

The Products (German: "Produkte") section should be populated, but apparently is not.

Uwe

• 2. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)

As I read in other threads, there is the possibility to get rid of the contents of the OOBE folder of the User folder to solve this issue.

Is this recommended? Won't it wreck some other installations?

Here a screenshot of my OOBE folder:

OOBE-Folder-Contents.png

Here a screenshot of the folder's path. The German word "Benutzer" means "User":

OOBE-Folder-Paths.png

Is there anything else I can provide or check to solve this problem?

Uwe

• 3. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)

Finally I partly solved the problem:

1. I trashed the contents of the OOBE folder (did a backup before!)

2. Restarted the Mac

3. Removed the files from the Trash Bin

4. Deinstalled Adobe Extension Manager from the Creative Cloud App

5. Restarted the Mac

6. Logged in Creative Cloud App

6. Installed Adobe Extension Manager from the Creative Cloud App

7. Restarted the Mac

8. Started Adobe Extension Manager

=> Now finally Adobe Extension Manager did a initializing process and nearly all my CC apps are showing up:

NearlyAllCCAppsAreAvailable.png

Hm. InDesign CC and CC 2014 are still missing.
              Arrgh!!

And in further inspecting of all other apps, only InCopy CC is showing a set of extensions.

For all other instances of the apps under the section "Procucts" the Extension tab does not list any items.

Why is that?

OnlyInCopyCCisShowingExtensions.png

InCopyCC2014IsShowingNoExtensions.png

Double-Arrgh!

Uwe

• 4. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)
                K.Woods Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Uwe

A frustrating process for you, we concede! There is not a known issue with InDesign and Extension Manager, so on this matter we assume that the next time you restart your computer and open Extension Manager, there is a good chance that InDesign will be listed there. If not, you can use the CC Desktop App to remove and reinstall InDesign which should prompt Extension Manager.

It is ok to remove the OOBE folder as it will auto-install the next time you launch Extension Manager. The latest build is 7.3.2.39.

InCopy comes with a list of extensions pre-loaded but for other apps, they do not come pre-loaded so this view is normal. As you start installing add-ons from the add-ons website, they will list in Extension Manager.

Regards,

Adobe Exchange Team

• 5. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)

Hi!
                  Thank you for answering. I'll do what you suggested: Restart again.

Btw.: How about Adobe Muse? Shouldn't it be listed, if installed, in the Products tab as well?

Muse CC and Muse CC (2014.3) are currently installed on my machine: MacBook Pro with OSX 10.7.5 German.
                  And yes: The version number of my installed Adobe Extension Manager CC is exactly 7.3.2.39. Just checked that…

Could it be, that a browser like Firefox running in the background will influence Adobe Extension Manager CC (in short: EM) ?
                  Just a vague shot in the dark, because currently I am restarting EM while typing this message right now and EM is showing the "beach ball" for a minute or two indicating the app is not responding to anything. If I try to bring EM to the front by working the keyboard shortcut  Cmd +Tab, nothing will happen. I'll quit Firefox, do a restart of the Mac and try again.

Uwe

• 6. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)

A restart of the Mac did not do it.
                    @K.Woods – sent you a private message.

Hm. Then uninstalling / reinstalling all my CC versions of InDesign through the Creative Cloud app?

Is that the only answer?

Uwe

• 7. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)

If not, you can use the CC Desktop App to remove and reinstall InDesign which should prompt Extension Manager.

Hm. Maybe. Well…

What I had to do now to make it work, was:

Uninstall InDesign CC v9.3.0
                      Uninstall InDesign CC-2014.2

Checked Adobe Extension Manager CC, still showing all apps in my first screenshot in answer #3. No surprise here.

Restarted the Mac

Installed InDesign CC

Checked Adobe Extension Manager CC.

A very brief initializing process was happening.

Its progress bar zipped through in a split second and:

NO apps are showing up now. Ugh. Why?

Did installing InDesign CC v9.0.0 influence AEM? Apparently…

Now I decided to uninstall AEM as well.

Then:

Updated InDesign CC to v9.3.0

Installed InDesign CC-2014—without updating—Creative Cloud app already installed InDesign version 10.2.0.

Restarted my Mac.

Installed AEM again.

Restarted my Mac.

Started up AEM, after the initializing process all apps are available now! Success!

Note 1: During the whole process Creative Cloud app was alerting a new update for Premiere Pro CS6 ??!!

Several times (about three times, I think), even after updating.

Note 2:

InCopy CC is not showing any extensions in the Extensions pane now (compare the following screenshot to the second one of my answer #3).

InDesign CC is showing entries, InDesign CC-2014 is also showing entries. That it. All other apps available do not show entries.

But that's no problem, I think. Just an observation:

AEM-InCopyCC-NoEntriesThisTime.png

AEM-InDesignCC-ExtensionEntries.png

AEM-InDesignCC-2014-ExtensionEntries.png

So this is resolved for now.

Hope, that I need not to do this "marathon" again when CC 2015 will come around…

Hm. Maybe yes, because I'm on OSX 10.7.5 right now and the upcoming version of CC 2015 will not support this version of OSX:

An Update: Creative Cloud and Support for Mac OS X « Adobe Creative Cloud

Uwe

• 8. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)
                        Justin Putney Level 2

This can be caused by prerelease versions of Adobe software. Reinstalling the target app via Extension Manager will fix the issue.

• 9. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)

@Justin – do you mean "Reintalling the target app via Creative Cloud app will fix this isue"?

I did exactly that.

I did not uninstall the missing target apps through the installed uninstaller links like:
                          /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Uninstall/{CB2632B8-D44B-11E3-88A6-77388C8F654B}.app

(This example is for InDesign CC-2014.2)

Uwe

• 10. Re: Adobe Extension Manager CC is showing no Apps on OSX 10.7.5 (German)
                            Justin Putney Level 2

Yes, Uwe. Thanks! I meant that exactly. I should have proofread my message.

Reintalling the target app via Creative Cloud app is the way to fix it.

I wanted post a note for K.Woods (and anyone new who is visiting this thread) that this is actually a repeatable issue. Several prerelease users have reported it me.