Exit

install font problem :( HELP

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buonasera a tutti!

Scrivo in cerca di un aiuto;

Mi sono stati passati dei font che mi serve assolutamente usare in un lavoro di illustrator, ma il formato di questi font è strano (.afm)

ho provato a convertirli con website appositi in .ttf (ho windows) ma dicono che il file di origine è irriconoscibile..

Non so che fare..

Chi mi può aiutare?

Hello Everybody!

I have a big problem: I need to use some fonts (that somebody gave me) in my illustrator work, but the extension of the fonts is really strange (.afm)

i tried to convert the file with some online website into -ttf ('cause i have windows) but i cannot do it!!

I do not know what to do!!

Please could somebody help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The files provided to you, .afm files, are not font files. .afm files are “Adobe Font Metrics” files, ascii files containing metrics about a font including widths and bounding boxes of glyphs, kerning information, etc. They don't contain the font outlines.

There is absolutely nothing you can do with these files for what you need or want to do. Sorry.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Type forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files provided to you, .afm files, are not font files. .afm files are “Adobe Font Metrics” files, ascii files containing metrics about a font including widths and bounding boxes of glyphs, kerning information, etc. They don't contain the font outlines.

There is absolutely nothing you can do with these files for what you need or want to do. Sorry.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines