6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 4:34 AM by dj_paige

Importing help!

cheryljacqueline

I am trying to upload a new set of images. Lightroom is telling me a portion of them are already uploaded and are therefore greyed out... How do I upload them if lightroom wont let me access them??

• 1. Re: Importing help!
          jb24jg Level 1

Is the mention "Don't import Suspected Duplicates" checked on right side of the import screen?

• 2. Re: Importing help!
            cheryljacqueline Level 1

Nope! I tried toggling it too. It did open up some other images I had previously imported, but not this particular section I need. So strange.

• 3. Re: Importing help!
              99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If the images are already in the catalog try a filter search. See pic below - choose Text from the filter bar and type in a known file name.

LRfilterImageSearch.png

• 4. Re: Importing help!
                dj_paige Level 9

I am trying to upload a new set of images. Lightroom is telling me a portion of them are already uploaded and are therefore greyed out... How do I upload them if lightroom wont let me access them??

Since you have previously imported the photos into Lightroom, it is not a good idea to import them again, in fact it is a very bad idea to re-import photos. You import photos once, and from that point on, you go to the Lightroom library to find the photos and perform whatever tasks you want to perform.

To find the photos, you must perform all of these four steps, in sequence:

1. In the Lightroom Library module, go to the Catalog Panel on the left, click on All Photographs
                2. Expand All Stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
                3. Turn off all Filters (Ctrl-L or Cmd-L once or twice)
                4. Search for these photos by file name using the search bar
                • 5. Re: Importing help!
                  Lynx9 Level 1

I tried doing the 4 steps and got the message "No photos match your filter". I tried looking for the files on my hard drive and the files don't exist except on my SD Card (RAW).

Is there a way around LR restriction to import these greyed out images?

• 6. Re: Importing help!
                    dj_paige Level 9

Show me a screen capture of the search you did in Lightroom in step 4

You are not supposed to "look" for files on your hard drive. You are supposed to use your operating system's search feature to search all of your hard disk(s) for the file, search by file name.