1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 3:16 PM by A.T. Romano

AVi Video to DVD

Michael Stehly Level 1

I have some family 8mm film from the 1950's.  It was converted to the AVi format.  I am creating DVD's.  If I uncheck the "Quality:  Fit contents to available space," and set the quality slider  to Highest Quality, will the DVD's play in a DVD or Bluray player?

• 1. Re: AVi Video to DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Stehly

There is no guarantee that any one particular disc will play in a given player.

The only time I would use "Fit contents to available space" is I were getting a Data Rate error message from the project in the burn to phase and had to

lower the bitrate manually in order to reduce the file size and get the burn to progress. I would work routinely with a check mark next

to "Fit Content to Available Space".

I see no advantage to what you are doing, and you open the possibility of the data rate error which will force you to lower the bitrate anyway.

As to player compatibility...in some infrequent  instances, a player might require an Audio_TS Folder in with the VIDEO_TS Folder of the

DVD-VIDEO of the DVD disc. Audio_TS is not included in the Premiere Elements burn to disc. But, it can be achieved with a Premiere Elements burn to folder

and then using the VIDEO_TS Folder and a home made Audio_TS Folder and ImgBurn to create the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

As for AVCHD DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc, I am not sure that adding a AACC Folder or the like would make any difference on the playability

of AVCHD DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. However, Blu-ray adds another consideration to "Fit Content to Available Space"

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Blu-ray Burn Dialog "Fit Content to Available Space" Choice

ATR