3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2007 1:54 AM by RoboColum(n)

CHM output - User Interface

Angelo.Volta Level 1
      Is it possible to change the appearance of the UI in the generated CHM help? (like using a skin for webhelp)
      I have not been able to find it if it exists.
      Thank you.....
        • 1. Re: CHM output - User Interface
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Angelo and welcome to the RH community. You can indeed assign a skin to a CHM file. If you click on this link to download Rick Stone's Tips 'n Tricks file. In there, search on the word "skin" and select the first topic in the list. This Tips 'n Tricks file is full of useful stuff and well worth keeping somewhere for reference.
          • 2. Re: CHM output - User Interface
            Angelo.Volta Level 1
            Hi Colum and thanks! Is there any updated information regarding the Index problems with this method? Also, has anyone who has used this method run into any Microsoft security issues when launching the CHM?
            • 3. Re: CHM output - User Interface
              RoboColum(n) Level 5
              As I haven't tried this approach I can't really comment on the indexing problems. Perhaps someone else will chime in here - I'm sure the RoboWizzard himself will once he's awake. As far as the securoty issue is concerned, all your doing is wrapping the CHM is a skin therefore I'd suggest the location of the CHM must still be on a local drive. Once its moved elsewhere the "normal" security issues will occur.