Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording animation

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2007 Jan 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to Captivate 2 and am trying to create a screen capture that includes an on-screen animation. While, I believe I have full-motion recording option set, I don't see an option to record the animation (just my motions - not animations already running as part of my screen capture.), and the animations are being recorded as still.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Does Captivate 2 support on-screen animation recording?

Thanks!
Renee
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2007 Jan 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Renee and welcome to our community

As you have seen, Captivate doesn't record natively in full-motion mode. What it does is take occasional screen captures, combines them with mouse movement and voilà, you have what appears to be a full motion movie. However, it does do a limited amount of full motion. Things that are very brief, such as dragging a window from one place to another. Clicking and dragging to select something. Or possibly clicking and dragging the thumb of a scroll bar.

If these animations exist as Flash movies or .AVI files, you may insert them into your slides as animation objects. Maybe that will help?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2007 Jan 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I can get the file out of the application, but that is a good idea, I'll give it a try.
Thank you.
- Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2007 Jan 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There aren't any third-party plug-ins or anything that will help it work? This seems like the ideal solution for creating demos of our software, but there's some on-screen animation that we definately need to include and it seems like a lot of extra effort to insert them as animation objects.
Also, if the animation is mid-screen, will the mouse still appear to pass over them on the way to something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources