1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2007 6:41 AM by Captiv8r

Importing Excel?

Mrs.Kirk Level 1
      Hi there,

I have a training manual I received for Web Help Office Pro while taking a training course and it states that excel can also be imported and used within Robohelp. Can you tell me how this can be done as i can't seem to figure it out?

Thanks
      Mrs. Kirk
        • 1. Re: Importing Excel?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Mrs. Kirk

I believe what they are referring to is the fact that if you have an Excel document placed on the server where the RoboEngine expects to find things, that the contents of the Excel file are then indexed and searchable by the RoboEngine.

This will require a few things. First, are you even creating WebHelp Pro output and publishing to the RoboEngine? If not, the point is moot. If you are, I'm guessing that one way to add the document would be to right click the Baggage Files pseudo folder and add the Excel document to one of your RoboHelp projects. After doing this, publish to the RoboEngine.

I'm hoping that fellow Instructor and Community Expert John Daigle will see this thread and either confirm what I've offered or set us all straight on the actual process that would be involved in making this happen.

Cheers... Rick