3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 9:13 AM by A.T. Romano

720p 240fps timestretched to 2% Not getting any sound when saving/rendering video.

BLACKWATCH

Hello all.

I'm trying to use 720p 240fps timestretched to 2%. On the storyboard page the sound plays fine, but I'm not getting any sound when saving/rendering the video.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: 720p 240fps timestretched to 2% Not getting any sound when saving/rendering video.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

BLACKWATCH

Please explain your situation in detail.

What version Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you applying Time Stretch to Hero 4 720p 240 fps slow motion footage?

I do not have any of that source to test that out, but if I take a 720p 30 frames per second from another

source and apply Time Stretch to it with Speed % 2, the sound is not heard even at the Timeline track level.

With Time Stretch Speed% below 60 to 50% the audio is distorted at even invoking the "Maintain Audio Pitch" option.

It is your task essentially to make already camera extremely slow motion footage even slower?

Depending on your Premiere Elements version, have you looked at Time Remapping which will not touch

the audio since it does not use it in the Time Remapping workspace?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: 720p 240fps timestretched to 2% Not getting any sound when saving/rendering video.
            BLACKWATCH Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Elements 12 with Windows 8.1.

Yes iy's GoPro Footage at 720p 240fps. I'm trying to slow said clip down with time stretch on 2%, but when saved/rendered it cuts the sound out. I have slowed down 1080p 60fps in the past with no loss of sound Using Timestretch. Not really sure how to slow my clip down any other way, and not heard of Time Remapping.

• 3. Re: 720p 240fps timestretched to 2% Not getting any sound when saving/rendering video.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

BLACKWATCH

Thanks for the reply. Is the 720p240fps already displaying in slow motion on the Timeline before Time Stretch application? If so, I believe the camera's offering is supposed to give you a smoother motion than you could ever get with Time Stretch, especially in the extreme Speed % 2 range.

Nonetheless, about Time Remapping. You will find the feature in Expert workspace Tools Menu/Time Remapping. With you clip selected,

you would make that selection  and get to the the Time Remapping workspace

SlowMotionwithout.JPG

The slowest setting is x/8 which I think is comparable to Time Stretch Speed % 12.5.

Time remapping | Learn Premiere Elements | Adobe TV

Principles are the same in versions 11, 12, and 13.

Please review and let us know of your progress.

Thank you.

ATR