4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2007 11:42 AM by seangates

RoboHelp Server 6 and MySQL

seangates
      Is it possible to use an ODBC compliant database with RoboHelp Server 6, such as MySQL? This will impact our decision to upgrade or move to a new solution.

Thanks,
      Sean
        • 1. Re: RoboHelp Server 6 and MySQL
          Brian.Mccaffery Level 1
          Hello Sean,

Welcome to the Forum.

I believe you can. Check the following Link for more information.

Hope this helps,

Brian
          • 2. Re: RoboHelp Server 6 and MySQL
            seangates Level 1
            Brian,

Thanks for the reply, but the link did not say anything about ODBC connections with RoboHelp Server 6. Is there another resource I should be searching in? I have tried these forums, the Adobe support site, the Internet, etc. None of them have provided any indication that it can. The only reference to it comes from this page where one of the features is "Database connectivity -- Connect to high-end relational databases for scalability and redundancy."

Any further information on which "relational databases" are available would be excellent.

Thanks!
            Sean
            • 3. Re: RoboHelp Server 6 and MySQL
              Level 1
              Hello Brian,

Adobe RoboHelp Server 6 should connect to ODBC sources just fine. The minimum system requirements include Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, or SQL Server 9.0. These minimum system requirements simply mean that we have tested and fully support integrating Adobe RoboHelp Server 6 in these environments.

In theory, all ODBC sources should respond the same way to ODBC requests, so any ODBC compliant datasource should (again, in theory) work. Adobe Technical Support will not be able to support environments outside of the minimum system requirements.

If you would like to see MySQL added to the minimum system requirements in the future, please submit a feature request via this web page: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform.

Thank you,

Bobby Walker
              Adobe Technical Support
              • 4. Re: RoboHelp Server 6 and MySQL
                seangates Level 1
                Bobby,

Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Sean