7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2015 3:04 PM by A.T. Romano

no iso file

greentree_100

When attempting to burn a dvd (in Premiere Elements 13) at the burn stage (after encoding and compiling)  i get an error at the beginning of the burn (something like 'problem encountered burning dvd) and premiere stops - except that a message tells me that premiere has created an iso file - BUT such file is nowhere to be seen!

In the hope of solving the problem i try again - this time instead of burning to the dvd drive i burn to iso file. Premiere completes normally BU, again,  there is no iso file to be seen.

Something is terribly wrong. In the past i have done similar things using premiere elements 12 successfully. The video exists of 2 mpg files about 50 minutes each on which i have done very little editing

• 1. Re: no iso file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

greentree

What computer operating system is involved?

The production of an .iso file for failed burn to is sort of a AutoSave of sorts for this type of situation. The feature arrived with the 13.1 Update.

What have you burned to DVD....DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc?

If Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, have you looked

Libraries

Documents

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and not found it in the 13.0 Folder as an .iso file....what about the desktop?

If the burn to disc to forcing you to accept an .iso file that you cannot find....what happens if

you burn to: ISO Image in the first place and designate the save location in the Save In field

immediately before burn to: Does that work and can you find the .iso file?

If none of the above works for you, does burn to folder work for you?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: no iso file
            greentree_100 Level 1

I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Windows 8.1 Pro and I have a dvd drive connected to USB port (this has worked faultlessly with other programs).

My first attempt (which I tried twice) was to put the 100 minute video out directly to a DVD disc. This resulted in a burn 'problem' that claimed it had left an ISO file of a certain name (starting with date) in a certain folder. However that file was neither to be found in the folder or, indeed, anywhere else on the system.

The second attempt was to burn the video to an ISO image (4.7gb) for subsequent writing to DVD. The program completed after about 2 hours WITHOUT error..... BUT, again, there was no ISO file to be found in the designated folder or anywhere else.

My third attempt was to write an mpeg file. This has worked. but now i have to find a program that will make a DVD out of 2 mpeg files I have. hardly a satisfactory solution. I am sure you will agree.

The thought occurred to me to load up Premiere Elements 12 on this machine and try it with that program. I used that program on my previous laptop many times to do similar things without fail. Will installing version 12 have an adverse effect on version 12?

• 3. Re: no iso file
              A.T. Romano Level 7

greentree

Thanks for the reply.

I have no history on using Premiere Elements on the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet/Windows 8.1 64 bit.

We did see this earlier

photoshop premiere 13 can't recognize surface pro 3 stylus.

Typically I see online resources for that device 128 GB free hard drive space and 4 GB installed GB. Is your system characterized by other than that?

Putting all that aside, there are typical considerations related to Premiere Elements 13/13.1...

1. Doing the burn to in 13 with or without enabling the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher option in Edit Menu/Preferences/General

2. Using Premiere Elements 13 ISO Image file size greater than 1 GB for a burn to disc.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

3. Can you do the burn to Folder (4.7 GB) if you cannot do the burn to ISO Image (4.7 GB)?

What do you want to do....install 12 as well as 13 on the Micro Surface Pro 3 tablet? You wrote

"Will installing version 12 have an adverse effect on version 12?"

These are standalone programs which you can have installed on your computer at the same time. Use one at a time.

I have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 installed on the same laptop without issue.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: no iso file
                greentree_100 Level 1

My Surface has 8GB ram and 512 SSD? so should easily have sufficient power to create a 100 min DVD.

I haven't tried the burn to folder option. How do i turn the folder into a DVD?

I will install version 12 and see what happens? If that doesn't help I suppose i will have to find an alternative video editing software!

Thanks

Norman

• 5. Re: no iso file
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Norman

Thanks for the reply.

If

Publish+Share

Disc

DVD

with burn to = Folder (4.7 GB)

Set a save location for the saved folder.

Then take only the VIDEO_TS folder from this saved folder into the ImgBurn program to

obtain your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

How to burn a DVD Folder with ImgBurn - AfterDawn: Guides

If

Publish_Share

Disc

AVCHD

with burn to: Folder (4.7 GB)

Set a save location for the saved folder..

Then take on the BDMV folder from this saved folder into the ImgBurn program to

obtain your AVCHD on DVD disc.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: no iso file
                    greentree_100 Level 1

Hi ATR

Just to update you.

I installed Premiere Elements 11 (my previous version), added the same 2 mpg files. did the same bit of editing. guess what? program produced the DVD with no problems!

What's more the encoding stage was approximately 4 times faster than on version 13. It went through like the clappers.

There is something terribly wrong with version 13 both during the encoding stage and then in the production of disk or iso file.

Thanks for trying to help but for the while I will not be attempting to use version 13!

Norman

• 7. Re: no iso file
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Norman

Great news. Great job getting the successful burn to disc with Premiere Elements 11; whereas there were problems with Premiere Elements 13 in this regard.

I understand that you are now in a good place video production wise, but if you ever do decide to revisit Premiere Elements 13/13.1, please look at the burn

to with and with the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference disabled. See Edit Menu/Preferences/General. See if that makes a difference.

But, no need to go there if Premiere Elements 11 is meeting your video editing needs.

If you purchased Premiere Elements 13 as an online download from Adobe and are within 30 days of purchase, you should be able to apply

for a return/refund for 13 from Adobe.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-change-order.html

If you purchased from an authorized reseller, then you will be governed by the return/refund policy of the seller.

Thanks for the update. Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR