• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installation problems

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to play a streaming video today on my Mac desktop, March 25, 2015, but got a message that Flash was out of date. I went through all 3 steps of the Flash installation process and a disk image appeared in my Downloads folder.  I clicked on it and successfully finished installing the latest Flash.  Nevertheless, some of my favorite sites that have streaming videos (like TED talks) say that Flash is out of date. Other sites that have streaming videos (like Lynda.com) work just fine.  Is something wrong on my end or on theirs?  If I have done something wrong in installing Flash, please let me know what I should do to remedy this strange situation where streaming videos work on some sites but say Flash is "out of date" on others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Flash is working fine elsewhere, it sounds like the Flash detection on the TED site is working incorrectly.

We recommend that developers use the SWFObject2 library for doing this kind of detection.  It makes it pretty easy.

swfobject - SWFObject is an easy-to-use and standards-friendly method to embed Flash content, which ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines